• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do here... 2019 Draft

Catufb85

Also I'm not sure I understand the question. It could be a misdirect but the team hasn't displayed any interest in Williams, and have instead poured the bulk of their scouting chips onto Dillard and Burns.

If nothing else it's a good sign that they've finally left this prolish mentality of Flooriest Player Available behind (despite it still permeating this board) that they used to be so stuck to, while the team reaped the benefits in mediocrity.

If the Panthers' brain trust believes that Williams is a viable left tackle then you grab him. I suspect that this is what the Panthers would do. Unlike many of this board, I believe the Panthers do not view Moton as a LT and prefer him at guard or RT. Now if they could then maneuver to get Ferguson in the second round they would have a fantastic start to the draft. Ideally, Gary or Sweat drops to the Panthers at 16. I know each has medical concerns the details of which are sparse. Sweat has a minor heart issue. I am guessing it is Afib (Like Samual and Letulelei). Gary's medical "concerns" are a complete mystery.

2 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

Ferrill has a much higher floor than Burns. I take Jonah Williams over Burns in a heartbeat. Ferrill v Williams is a toss-up to me. I also like Dillard. 

I prefer Dillard but have no problem taking Williams...where would Haynes stack up in this draft? 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I can’t take a post seriously if it says the Panthers night prefer Moton at guard and honestly even “only at” RT. He was great at RT and played very well at LT those couple games. The assumptions that day 1, or even year 1 or 2, Dillard and Williams will be better than Moton are funny to me.

Sometimes I wonder how many comments come from people who actually watched players other than the skilled positions or ever watched preseason or watched the Senior Bowl/Combine drills.

Please let there be an edge guy we love at 16. I’ll be upset if we end up with Dillard and Williams and miss out on a great DL class and have to pay Short and Poe $31m next year because we have no one else and are forced to pick DE/OLB. 

You may want to reread my post. In particular the part in which I said that I believe the Panthers brain trust do not view Moton as a LT. This is evidenced by the fact that he was moved to RT after signing a street free agent to play LT. Further evidence of my point is that before Williams got injured and Khalil got injured Moton was playing guard.

Sometimes I wonder about the reading comprehension level of people. 

Furthermore, my post was an answer to the original posters question which presumed most edge rushers were drafted and the choice was between Burns and J. Williams. I then went on to express my preference that Sweat or Gary fell to the Panthers even though that was not the original question.

Id run to the Podium and take Burns.

His versatility fits our new scheme D like a glove.  He has possibly the highest upside of any edge rushers in this class.

Edge rushing group is Very strong at the Top but not overly deep.  Guys you might see around with our 2nd pick are the Jaylon Ferguson's who probably wont start or make much of a impact.

*another side note.  Our ONLY Edge rusher signed beyond this upcoming season is Mariquis Haynes so keep that in mind.

OT group is much deep. 

Strong possibly Greg Little is around at our 2nd pick, Yodney Cadjuste, Mcgary, Tytus Howard etc will be around at our 2nd pick.  And any of those guys coupd be day 1 impact starters at RT.

So going Burns at 1 and one pf those others at 2.  You get 2 immediate starters at 2 positions that we are really hurting at.

Go the other way. We get a starting OT, and a jag in the 2nd who probably wont even make a impact next year 

Its a no brainer

6 hours ago, mc52beast said:

People are saying Burns will get pushed around due to his weight, that he’s a hit/miss kid. I really don’t want an OT at 16 if there’s still a quality DL there but if we have to go OL and Jonah is there I’m taking him.

Crazy people are all concerned about this

And then some of those same people are freaking out wanting Dillard when there is as much if not more video evidence of him being bullied and pushed around by Avg competition (not even 1st round guys)

7 hours ago, L-TownCat said:

Don't like Burns.  Even if it is just a superficial reason like being ... undersized, or super duper...quick, has a lot of... athleticism

He's Brown, ok, there I said it.  It's because he's Brown!

(ie: Everette Brown)

Even tho I know I shouldn’t I go to that same place.  I know I might be wrong and maybe I regret it but I pass on Burns too. 

Archived