• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone have any unique Panthers memorabilia?

BlazeCarolina

I just bought this NFC Championship ball to add to my collection and it got me thinking, I bet you guys have some interesting things you would love to show off.  I spent more on this than I anticipated, but my girlfriend actually pushed me to bid more.  She might be a keeper.

Do you guys think this thing is legit?  How high would you have gone?  I don't know much about it.  Pretty much these pictures are all I had to go on.

I also have a lamp that actually pre-dates our team.  No idea how.  My grandmother found it at a thrift shop and she knows I love the Panthers and thrifting, so she picked it up.  It has a 1994 date on it.  If anyone actually reads this thread and cares, I will try to get some pictures of it when I get home.

If this is the wrong area, I apologize.  I am a frequent lurker.  Always in the shadows, but I very rarely post.  It wouldn't let me post in the main Panthers forum, so the Lounge seemed like a good catch-all.

NFC Ball 4.jpg

NFC Ball 3.jpg

NFC Ball 2.jpg

NFC Ball 1.jpg

I didn't notice until I posted this it looks like it says 1995 Western Division Champions?  I thought it was 96 we won.  I honestly didn't notice the year until now.  We didn't draft Smith until 2001.  John Fox wasn't coach.  Rodney Peete wasn't there.  This is definitely an odd ball.  I hope I didn't just pay this much for a ball some kid scribbled on.

21 minutes ago, BlazeCarolina said:

I didn't notice until I posted this it looks like it says 1995 Western Division Champions?  I thought it was 96 we won.  I honestly didn't notice the year until now.  We didn't draft Smith until 2001.  John Fox wasn't coach.  Rodney Peete wasn't there.  This is definitely an odd ball.  I hope I didn't just pay this much for a ball some kid scribbled on.

I think it is legit. Someone probably just had that old ball and wanted someone to sign something and they took it to camp or something.

I'd say it was relatively earlier on in Smitty's career, as his signature is more like his rookie era signature. I have a mini helmet with almost the exact signature below on it:

411KnVGjXiL.jpg

At some point, his auto got a lot more spread out and flamboyant.

Yours seems to be in a transition period.

That certainly makes me feel a bit better.  I know how much things are faked in that realm and I really know nothing about it.  This is my first signed item, and I got caught up in the auction.  Looks like a bunch of odd signatures for the ball.  Maybe it says 96' and it is hard to make out, and someone just had the ball and got it signed by a bunch of people.

The John Kasay signature looked familiar.  It is supposed to show up today, so I will be able to get a better look at it and see who all signed it if I can make it out.  I have no idea what the worth of something like this is, but I won't miss the money.  I would have regretted it had I not won though.

Does it not come with some kind of COA or proof of how it was signed? I'd say someone just had the '96 ball and took it to camp or an event sometime around the 2004 season. I see Kasay, Smitty, Moose, Peete, and MAYBE Drew Carter?

All those guys were on the 2004 team. Moose played for the Bears for a few years after that, and then when he came back Jenkins was gone.

On the OT subject, I have a lot of Panthers crap I've accumulated over the years.

I've still got a Chris Weinke bobblehead pin that they gave out at one of the games. I have a Pep one of those too.

I still have a commemorative coin that they handed out at the first game I attended. It was the preseason game against the Broncos in '97 when Kerry Collins got his jaw broke.

I've got a Rocket Ismail cup that McDonalds used to give out.

Really, I've got a lot of stuff that I should just get rid of, lol.

3 minutes ago, BlazeCarolina said:

Nope, no CoA.  Looks like Jordan Gross and Kris Jenkins are on there too.  John Fox on the back.

Yeah forgot to mention Gross and Jenkins. All those guys were on the 2004 team. It was just after we lost the Super Bowl.

Carter's auto means it was after the draft in 2004. So, it was more than likely something someone took to camp in 2004 for signatures.

I didn't even know those coins were a thing until I say a few on Ebay.  

Don't get rid of your Panthers stuff man.  You will regret it.  Even if you just box it up, hold onto it.  It kills me when wives/girlfriends make guys get rid of their memories.  I actually refused to let a husband/wife team sell his concert stubs at a yard sale.  If you ever insist, look me up :)

I had a signed Panthers ball I got as a gas station promo when I was in my teens, but it was Chris Weinke and we were immature and were pretty destructive with it.  It is long gone.

I went home to grab it on my lunch break.  It definitely says 1996, so that clears up a lot of my confusion.  The back mirrored part of the case is loose inside the case.  Don't know if it happened in transit or they knew and didn't disclose it.

I know nothing about this sort of thing, but it looks like it would cost me around $100 to get it graded.  Is it even worth it?

10 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

If your happy with it, don't worry about it.

I had some stuff. Set of Le Bleu water bottles that had Capers and Mills on them. 6 pack of bottles from 93 with the first logo on them. Several other things. Hurricane Florence took everything.

Very sorry to hear that.  I have just about everything a few times in life, but never due to natural disaster.  I imagine that is quite a different beast.

The ball could use a new case now that I see it in person.  My girlfriend was talking about putting it up on the mantle of our future house, and this isn't the prettiest thing as it stands.  Probably worth the extra money since I plan on keeping it quite a while.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a field pass from a MNF game in November 2000 (Green Bay at Carolina) which Dennis Miller signed for me before the game. The field pass specifically states you're not supposed to ask for autographs when you're on the field...lol.

I also have a sweatshirt purchased the day following the public announcement that Charlotte was getting the Panthers. The logo is this:

image.png.d8a1a82bd0d432128f6829a5ff7b5471.png

I also have a couple original water color paintings of John Kasay (signed by he and the artists) and Jerry Richardson (also signed by both).

Archived