• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Womens World Cup

Shocker

I'd say they were more than tough calls. More like bullshit to make sure the media darlings go through easier. South Africa got hosed, plain and simple, especially when they drove the dagger in with that second yellow. I guess the player is supposed to pull their leg back while falling backwards and the Spanish team is running in for contact. Apparently, SA missed the memo on that one.

18 hours ago, Raskle said:

I'd say they were more than tough calls. More like bullshit to make sure the media darlings go through easier. South Africa got hosed, plain and simple, especially when they drove the dagger in with that second yellow. I guess the player is supposed to pull their leg back while falling backwards and the Spanish team is running in for contact. Apparently, SA missed the memo on that one.

Yeah I pretty much agree.  England and Brazil were impressive today.

My wife actually watched the US vs Thailand match today with me, and wholly shet that was crazy.  Goal, goal, goal, goal...fuggin nuts.  I loved it but felt for the Thai players.  USWNT should be making MORE than the men.  They are 100 times more entertaining.

The US was amazingly sharp but could have scored at least 5 more goals.  Crazy.

4 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Germany only has two goals in two games...but two wins.  Works for me
US took a much different route

This World Cup is going a lot better for me than last years. =)

The World Cup women or mens is so fuggin awesome.  Germany is definately one of the favorites.  France was pushed yesterday bigtime.  Interesting penalty call too.  Hmm.

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

The World Cup women or mens is so fuggin awesome.  Germany is definately one of the favorites.  France was pushed yesterday bigtime.  Interesting penalty call too.  Hmm.

Copa (and Gold Cup I guess) start this week too.  Soccer orgy!!!

As much as I love WC, my favorite years was ‘16 when Euro and Copa were going on all day.  Of course Euro 16 sucked but still.

3 minutes ago, Goondal said:

Copa (and Gold Cup I guess) start this week too.  Soccer orgy!!!

As much as I love WC, my favorite years was ‘16 when Euro and Copa were going on all day.  Of course Euro 16 sucked but still.

Berhalter is already on the hot seat.  If they bomb the Gold Cup he could be gone.

2 hours ago, Arroz con Panther said:

What's everyone's take on the goal celebrations and the controversy surrounding it?

I found them to be over the top and a bit of a turn off. 

I 100% support their attempts to convince scoring though.  If GD was not a thing then I would feel differently but if that is going to be apart of it then you have to keep scoring. 

19 hours ago, Goondal said:

I found them to be over the top and a bit of a turn off. 

I 100% support their attempts to convince scoring though.  If GD was not a thing then I would feel differently but if that is going to be apart of it then you have to keep scoring. 

I'm on the fence about it. If it's a person's first world cup goal, then celebrate the hell out of it...you've earned that right. If it's a goal to beat a record or even tie one, celebrate it. If it's your 100+ international goal (in other words, you've been here before), then celebrate but don't go over the top with it.

I guess it mostly doesn't bother me. Hell, I wouldn't have thought anything of it if the public hasn't made it a thing.

Archived