• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cole Luke

Seltzer

11 hours ago, KSpan said:

Can't forget a player you've never heard of. After looking him up the guy wasn't even on a practice squad last year in his first year out of college, so low expectations seem reasonable.

That's understandable...but I posted a article on him from pff just last month and they are pretty high on him. here let me refresh...

QUIN BLANDINGCAROLINA PANTHERS

Quin Blanding went undrafted out of Virginia following a productive 2017 season with the Cavaliers. He found his way to Carolina in 2018 and could be in line for meaningful snaps this season. Blanding currently sits behind Eric Reid and Rashaan Gaulden on the depth chart, but his play could be too hard to overlook this offseason.

Although he didn’t log any NFL snaps last season, he came out of Virginia after producing an 84.3 overall grade — eighth among draft-eligible safeties. He missed only 11 tackles on 144 tackle attempts and allowed only 21 receptions with eight combined interceptions and pass breakups.

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

He was my favorite UDFA two years ago, then they moved him to safety. What I mean is         giphy_(4).gif.d415dc09448ea0412a4614c5a0c82967.gif 

Just trying to get his name out there.... its been poping up a lot this week 

-It was a similar story for Allen, who on back-to-back plays was victimized by a pass break-up at the hands of cornerback Kevon Seymour and then an interception over the middle by safety Quin Blanding. Heinicke did get the offense moving a bit, but only after a PBU for recently signed cornerback Javien Elliott, who recorded an interception Monday. A 30-yard strike to Levrone got the ball moving, then Levrone finished off the march much to Newton’s enjoyment. The Virginia product who spent his rookie year on the Ravens’ and Jaguars’ practice squad had a productive day after having been relatively quiet following a strong start to OTAs.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1138815587289841664

Looked like a right hamstring for Robinson, who had a big bag of ice strapped to it but did not leave the field. Couple good days for S Quin Blanding, who has snagged tipped balls in each practice. Newton also did some stationary throwing w Smith on the side.

17 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Just trying to get his name out there.... its been poping up a lot this week 

I referring to Cole Luke. Honestly, I don't know anything about the backup safeties. Just heard some noise about Parms making plays on the PS(last year), but Travell Dixon had the same noise. 

I know this about your guy Quin, he is not listed as a safety. Whatever it means they have him at DB, alone. That's all I got on the backups, o and the current DB coach I believe had Quin in Jacksonville. I saw what you linked, PFF loves him, but Carolina is his third team in a short time. You can not ask for better safety situation in Carolina if you're a guy like Quin.  

Lastly, I do know a former 3 year LSU starter just got waived, John Battle. He played all over the field, known for his smarts and getting trucked by Holyfield twice. Was a 2019 UDFA. 

Archived