• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Website Creation Help

Jimmy

Hi brothers & sisters, my long-time friend and I are starting our own real estate firm and everything is in place to get going (office, signage, furniture, files, office equipment, etc) and the one thing we really need help with is a website.  I know you can go out there and pay someone $5k-$10k to create one for you and there are web hosting services for much less.  Neither of us have the technical experience to do this although I figure I could probably figure it out through something like Vix or Squarespace.

Any recommendations/solutions?

We need the ability to give the customer a full experience on the site; search for current homes, links to MLS listings, contact us, real estate agent profile pages, FAQ, and space for photos and possible drone arial footage of properties et al.

Jimmy: I went down that road about 8 years ago and was fortunate enough to find a local company who did a phenomenal job designing and hosting the site for me. They even hooked me up with the local economic development people who got me a $1500 grant just for this purpose. The site designer/host did everything for me for the grant amount and all I had to do was carry their ad on my website. 

Check with the local econ dev and see if they have any small business start up financial assistance available.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using wix for my personal business, and it works.  It's very active though, with a million and one options, which is good if you like to get into the nitty gritty like me, but for the less technologically inclined Squarespace would be the better option.

Archived