• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kicker?

Devil Doc

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

TheFuzz. The person I was originally replying to. Terrible isn't spending two more million dollars to have a kicker active on gameday but it does suck to have two roster spots taken up for one kicker. If Gano can't go opening day we are going to have to make a decision of carry two kickers or spend 2 million extra that we have right now to cut one. We aren't in a terrible situation. So "throwing away", which I don't see it as throwing away money, isn't terrible. Terrible would be having no kicker suite up on gameday. I guess I need to know what your football definition of terrible is. 

Paying 5.6M to a PK to go away. That’s terrible. 9M guaranteed to a PK with one good year. His whole contract, like I(and many others) predicted it would be when it was signed. 

Believe me, no one wants Gano gone more than me. But you don’t just throw 5.5M away and consider it not terrible. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Paying 5.6M to a PK to go away. That’s terrible. 9M guaranteed to a PK with one good year. His whole contract, like I(and many others) predicted it would be when it was signed. 

Believe me, no one wants Gano gone more than me. But you don’t just throw 5.5M away and consider it not terrible. 

And if he isn't a good kicker anymore? Running a guy out there not fully healed or not right, costing us games, is terrible regardless of his contract. The best ability is availability. If Gano can't get out there he is no good to us. And if he can get out there and can't kick like he did a few years ago, he hurts us more than he helps. Slye has been making everything. Keeping a guy who is missing easy kicks and letting Butker and Slye walk away for nothing would be terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

And if he isn't a good kicker anymore? Running a guy out there not fully healed or not right, costing us games, is terrible regardless of his contract. The best ability is availability. If Gano can't get out there he is no good to us. And if he can get out there and can't kick like he did a few years ago, he hurts us more than he helps. Slye has been making everything. Keeping a guy who is missing easy kicks and letting Butker and Slye walk away for nothing would be terrible. 

I’m not arguing against any of that. Like I said, I never wanted him signed. Gano only had 1M dead cap hit when we released Butker. Plus we used a draft pick to secure an extra year. Would have been easy to cut him them. This time has much more wasted money involved.  Not knowing anything about his health, there’s no way to pinpoint a proper course of action. 

Archived