• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers all-time leader

rko396

I don't know if anyone will pay attention to this thread since it's not about Jake Delhomme or the overall hatred for Fox. But just something that I think is going un-noticed.

Smitty is the all-time panther leader with 51 TDs. He has 43 recieving, 6 return, and even 2 rushing. Great numbers, but the problem is that with the QB situation and his window of prime slowly closing, it doesn't look like that number will increase by much. Another number no one realizes is that Smitty's TD numbers have decreased every year since '05.

2005: 13

2006: 9

2007: 7

2008: 6

2009: 0

Yes, obviously he will score again. But realistically, I wouldn't be shocked if he ends his career with 60-65 TDs (about 10-15 more then he has now). That being said, DWill in his 4th year already has 32.

DWill:

Touchdowns:______32

Games:___________51

Avg TD per game:__.627

at this rate DWill will break Smitty's 51 TD mark on his:__83rd game.

Thats only 28 games from now. After next season, he will be at 81 so the 2011 season could very will be DWills record breaking season. Having an all-time franchise leader in rushing, total touchdowns (and any other record he breaks by then) and still only being 28 years old at the time, should be something this "running" team has to build around for the future

I wasn't bashing Smith at all. Just pointing out some DWill stats and putting them into perspective. Im sorry I'll make a "Start Matt Moore" thread instead so i can fit in around here.

Depending on what your looking at, Jake's numbers have also decreased every year since '05 (not counting his IR year in 07). He had his 2nd best passing yard total last year, so that doesn't help that arguement. But his TDs have decreased while interceptions have increased since 06. This year, Jake's already surpassed his interception mark of 3 out of his 6 seasons. Another reason to keep feeding DWill the ball. At 28 years old and 3-4 more great years in front of him, DWill will have the panther TD and rushing record under his belt.

Good post. I was thinking about that the other day. I was looking at Dlo's career stats so I could actually feel good about this organization. ;)

It shows Williams is becoming one of the greatest (if not greatest) assets to our team.

rep.

Archived