• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera Appreciation

KaseKlosed

On 10/2/2019 at 9:28 AM, MasterAwesome said:

Can we at least acknowledge that there’s blame on Rivera and Cam? Cam for withholding the severity of his injury and Rivera for not overriding his desire to play? It’s not a black-and-white thing that people want to make it out to be.

Really 

On 10/3/2019 at 2:28 AM, MasterAwesome said:

Can we at least acknowledge that there’s blame on Rivera and Cam? Cam for withholding the severity of his injury and Rivera for not overriding his desire to play? It’s not a black-and-white thing that people want to make it out to be.

I lost some trust in Cam after that happened.  Ron knows that this could be his final season and that leads to desperation.  

I think Allen should have been the starter since week 1 and we could be 4-0 right now.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:24 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I have some issues with Ron as a head coach and I've posted about them at length. At the end of the day, the man is one helluva defensive coach and I don't think anyone can claim otherwise. But, that brings up one of my issues... the man his loyal to "his people" to a fault. There's no excuse for our D to have fell off as badly as it did last year. It was blatantly obvious early on that Washington was not cutting it as the defensive play caller but we rode that horse into the ground.

Exactly how I feel

10 hours ago, MHS831 said:

If Cam is all you say he is, then RR's record is abysmal.  See Bill B. in New England, Dungy in Indy, Tomlin in Pittsbugh to see what a coach with a franchise qb should do.  Losing seasons every other year or so is not good.  We have a good Defensive coordinator as a head coach.  With Cam on one side of the ball and Luke on the other, HOW do you ever lose?  Ron knows football, but he does not know strategy and player development.  He simply gets good players and runs them into the ground because he has no answers. From a player perspective, he is a career killer.

Fox took Delhomme and nearly won a Super Bowl.  We are not talking Super Bowls here--we are not even talking playoffs most years.  Cam and Luke are not enough for this "coach."

Your comparing Cam to Hall of fame QBs that don't even have the same skill set as him I love Cam but realistically I can't put him up there with those guys he brought a new element to this team and is the best QB in franchise history but he's not a pure passer like those guys. Cam has proven when healthy he can be a league MVP he's a dual threat Qb and injuries have slowed him down. HOF QBs don't grow on trees all those team's mentioned above have HOF Qb's. Only thing I fault Ron is for not realizing Cam is not at 100 percent or not wanting to take him out game when his play is not up to par

3 hours ago, Jus Rob said:

Your comparing Cam to Hall of fame QBs that don't even have the same skill set as him I love Cam but realistically I can't put him up there with those guys he brought a new element to this team and is the best QB in franchise history but he's not a pure passer like those guys. Cam has proven when healthy he can be a league MVP he's a dual threat Qb and injuries have slowed him down. HOF QBs don't grow on trees all those team's mentioned above have HOF Qb's. Only thing I fault Ron is for not realizing Cam is not at 100 percent or not wanting to take him out game when his play is not up to par

Luke will definitely be a HOF MLB and if you are capable of being a league MVP QB, I would suggest you’re capable of being a HOF QB whether you are a pure passer or not. The point isn’t really whether Cam is a pure passer or not, but whether 3playoff seasons in 8 years with generational talents at key positions on both sides of the ball is failing to leverage that talent to an acceptable degree. I’m inclined to think it is, but such judgements are always subjective personal opinions.

3 playoff appearances? Must of been a fan after 2013! Ron inherited a team that had the #1 overall pick ! That's 4 playoffs appearances in 8 years. What team can't say they go as their QB goes ? Is that on coaching? Mike Tomlin on the hot seat they don't have Ben Roethlisberger guess he rode Ben to the ground. Injuries happen it doesn't help when our Qb try's to hide injuries or play through them when they clearly have an effect on what you do on Sunday's 

Archived