• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Baaaaack.......And no boot

ncfan

1 hour ago, NorthTryon said:

Please show me where Tom Brady and Peyton Manning fumbled six times in four games as well as losing four of the aforementioned fumbles.  Do the work and show me the research.  And you keep responding, so don't give the I don't have time its out there bullsh*t.  Show me some evidence and I will concede.  Otherwise have a lick on me yarbles.  I'm not trying to write a fake story.  

Here you go.

Kyle has 6 fumbles and 0 interceptions in 4 games as a starter. 

It is logical to think Kyle will fumble less going forward.  It is also logical the he will start throwing INT's at some point. 

Assuming the two offset each other (again, logical) he is on a run-rate for 48 TO's in his first 32 games --- this is square in line with what successful NFL QB's have done in their first 2 seasons.

Brady & Manning had 51 & 52 combined fumbles & INT's in their first 32 games (see attached).

Let me know if you have questions about the attached table.

For reference, it compares year 1&2 turnover rates vs. year 7&8 TO rates for 10 QB's.  The table is sorted by how much they improved (or didn't) in years 7&8 vs. years 1&2.  Please note, aggregate TO's are normalized for 32 games over the 2 seasons (for example, Romo only played 26 games first 2 seasons so normalized for 32).

PS....all stats came from Pro-Football Reference, and they show Kyle with 6 fumbles.  Frankly until just now I was under the impression Kyle has 6 lost-fumbles on his record.  Apparently PFR counts all fumbles, not just lost fumbles.  For the sake of this exercise I'm going to assume the % of fumbles lost vs. total fumbles is pretty much the same for all these QB's.  With that said, given the way PFR keeps their records one could argue that fumbling is better than throwing INT's because not all of the fumbles they record actually result in a turnover.

Lemme know where you have questions.

Cheers mate.

TO COMPS.png

On 10/10/2019 at 1:14 PM, SBiii said:

TO COMPS.png

Good in-depth research, but it is still based on what ifs and should do's going forward.  Now, Allen is fumbling close to every time he gets hit.  Also, it is all moot because Kyle Allen is the back up and is going to hand the job back over to the franchise QB according to RR.  Good things bruv.

7 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

Good in-depth research, but it is still based on what ifs and should do's going forward.  Now, Allen is fumbling close to every time he gets hit.  Also, it is all moot because Kyle Allen is the back up and is going to hand the job back over to the franchise QB according to RR.  Good things bruv.

"...according to RR..."

LOL.

When was the last time that guy told the truth?

Do you trust his judgement?

On 10/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, t96 said:

Still a way harder schedule than the Pats

We all know the schedulers treat the Pats like they are a college team.  They pad their early games with bad teams so the get to gel better without losing.  I would love to see the average W-L lose of the teams they played in their 1st 4 or 5 games to begin the season.

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We all know the schedulers treat the Pats like they are a college team.  They pad their early games with bad teams so the get to gel better without losing.  I would love to see the average W-L lose of the teams they played in their 1st 4 or 5 games to begin the season.

They’ve started 0-2 or 1-3 multiple times

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

This year though. They’ve literally had one actual opponent so far, I guess the giants were a bit of a challenge but.

7-22 is their opposing record. 

Yea, and they’ve done exactly what good teams should do against that competition. The most interesting part is now they’re defense is the reason they are dominating.

Just now, Peppers90 NC said:

Yea, and they’ve done exactly what good teams should do against that competition. The most interesting part is now they’re defense is the reason they are dominating.

Ya, their defense is playing beyond stupidly good. Can’t wait to see what a true offense can do against them though. Luckily after next week they are going to face some serious offenses. 

Archived