• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is most of the focus on Allens QB performance today?

stankowalski

Just now, micnificent28 said:

I agree lol I was trying to be nice about it.. but yeah he was getting carried... propped up as some future savant and he's really just a backup.

He's got some good tools to work with.  We just need our defense to be really good and our OC not eating the chalk.

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

That wasn't geared particularly at you. But at the way people who have already have their minds made up about a arguement. Most people who have their mind made up cant admit defeat or being wrong. They look for excuses to justify their original arguement. And I agree it was a top to bottom meltdown.

But just like when Kyle Allen was getting a lot of credit for being 4-0 and leading the team to victories he should get a lot of the blame for leading us to this defeat.

Allen deserves credit for his part in those wins.

He also deserves his share of the blame for today's loss.

Constantly having people in his face is not his fault, but the one thing he's been consistent with over the last few weeks is not getting rattled when he got hit. Today he got rattled, and it showed.

As mentioned, I don't really think anybody else would have won that game today either, but that doesn't make anybody blameless.

29 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

We got the wins through defense and McCaffrey.  McCaffrey was good today but the defense poo the bed and when you have Trent Dilfer as your QB you're not doing yourself any favors.

We still don't know what Allen is.

Hell, even Allen doesn't know what he is yet.

I've seen loads of young quarterbacks have games like this, and that includes Newton. Writing anybody off this soon because of one game is silly.

Everybody wants to be Nostradumbass.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

We still don't know what Allen is.

Hell, even Allen doesn't know what he is yet.

I've seen loads of young quarterbacks have games like this, and that includes Newton. Writing anybody off this soon because of one game is silly.

Everybody wants to be Nostradumbass.

I have no idea what Allen's potential is, I haven't seen enough of him.  I believe he could be a game manager like Dilfer though.  I think he's at least at that point.  But yeah until he gets a competent OL and OC I'm not sure what to make of him.  He's got a nice arm, and when he's had time he's been fairly accurate.  We won't ever know until that OL gets it's poo together.

Allen has a very small sample size of 6 games. He has had 3 good games and 3 bad ones (today and the 2 games where he fumbled it 7 times total). People see 4 wins and think bam we got our new franchise qb. This game should help fans come back to reality. Allen is solid. He isn't a franchise QB at least not yet from what he has shown so far. 

The issues highlighted today were the same as last year against the Steelers. 

they found our weakness 

they exploited it 

they dared us to stop what they were doing 

and they didn’t take the foot off the gas until there was no hope left

what did the team do 

they waited for the coaching staff to implement something that gave them enough confidence to fight back 

what did the coaching staff do 

they got star struck and stared into the headlights as the semi was approaching for impact 

13 minutes ago, dcpanther89 said:

The issues highlighted today were the same as last year against the Steelers. 

they found our weakness 

they exploited it 

they dared us to stop what they were doing 

and they didn’t take the foot off the gas until there was no hope left

what did the team do 

they waited for the coaching staff to implement something that gave them enough confidence to fight back 

what did the coaching staff do 

they got star struck and stared into the headlights as the semi was approaching for impact 

I love this analogy, I can see Ron staring straight ahead as those headlights get closer. Stoic as always.

2 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Well he's shown he's an effective game manager ala Trent Dilfer when the Bucs won the Super Bowl.  But we don't have the Bucs defense of that year.  But let me guess...you think Dilfer would've won that game?

Brad Johnson won the SB with the Bucs dipshit. 

Archived