• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why blame Marty?

Matt62881

16 minutes ago, BigMac said:

It's tough to factor a GM into any one game.  Much easier to do that for a whole season.  So far, and a continued trend for Marty, it is a subpar OL.  This is ultimately why I think he isn't the man for the job.  We haven't drafted an OL in the first round since Jordan Gross.  We continue to try to find bargains and hope they pan out which the majority of them haven't.  Daley and Little show promise but they will have growing pains that Kyle and our 2020 QB will have to battle through which is awful timing if we keep Cam for 2020.  On the interior we are a mess... Trai is still our best but he hasn't played as well as he has in years past, Paradis is not good plain and simple, and GVR is as inconsistent as they come.  All of this bad OL play is on Hurney as it was during his first stint with the Panthers.

If we would have given Cam an OL that was worth a damn lord knows what we could have accomplished.  But no... here we are... Cam a huge question mark after 2 shoulder surgeries and a foot injury largely because Hurney FAILED to protect the most valuable piece on the field AGAIN.   

Good argument...i appreciate intelligent opinions! I think he is a better gm then in his first stint though and tried to right the oline this year. We have been derailed by injuries quite a bit but i feel if he pays as much attention to the oline this year as he did last we might have something. Is oline deep in this coming draft? I wouldnt mind seeing some interior guys drafted. I feel daley and Little will improve and are fine for the job, Moton is having a down year...injury? But the real concern is C and LG.

1 minute ago, BigMac said:

Neglecting the OL is enough for me to not want him. I have no faith we will put anything into the OL next year.  Building the OL is something he should have done 7 years ago when we realized Cam was the future...  

Hey now....Out of his 2009-12 drafts he did get us Amini to help.  So he has thaT going for him. 

Why do I blame Marty? Because he has shown no ability to plan for the future. 

This year was supposed to be a switch to the 3-4, but it doesnt look like he and Ron really planned accordingly. Edge rushers were brought in, but no one to stuff the middle. Now we have the wrong personnel for the defense we're trying to play and getting absolutely abused on the ground. We never eally switched from 4-3.

There were a lot of people,myself included that said Shaq needed more than 4 games last year to show what hes got. Love me some TD, but we really needed to make the transition sooner than later. Bradberry was an easy decision to lock up sooner than later. He is serviceable at the least with flashes of really good. Should have been locked up sooner. 

Cam. Where do I start? Last year Cam should have been pulled long before he was. That is your franchise QB. You have to protect him, even from himself. Ron played him visibly injured, and lo and behold, once the off season gets here, shoulder surgery because something was wrong, again. Fast forward to this year and Ron again trots him out on a lisfranc injury and its obvious hes injured, not just hurt. 

Which brings me to my last part, it's his job to keep Ron in line and protect the assets of this team. Kyle Allen is what he is. Will Grier is a rookie. Your plan at backup QB is 2 guys with a combined 1 game of NFL starter experience with a QB coming off shoulder surgery for the 2nd time. Not only that, but he didnt make Ron shut Cam down. When theres 15 pages on the topic on a fan board, you cant tell me that Ron had no idea Cam was injured. Ron sees him day in and day out. He knew. He just didn't care. This was the 3rd fuging time hes done it.

Now, CMC is being run into the ground, just like Cam. Ron says hes going to use him less but it's just a bunch of the same old BS. He isnt and hasnt been protecting the future of this team. 

Marty cant say no to Ron. When the future of the franchise is on the line, he cant say no, and for that reason, more than any, he needs to go. A GM cant be a yes man, and Marty has shown that's exactly what he is.

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How about some examples of the newfound knowledge. What’s he done that is so different? Threw away a cheap K then threw 9M more away on him. And he’s already toast. Kicked money down the road on KK and Trai for nothing. Who are these great picks beyond the first? 

An average GM? That’s hilarious. An average GM would get a phone call from somebody in the NFL. Or at least a network. Even Matt Millen. Is on TV. I’m sure Marty just loves his DJ job. If you want to know how Hurney is viewed around the league, that’s the only proof you need. 

There is plenty of later round talent that has shown flashes..im at work so im not gonna look them all up but daley..C. miller.. And to a lesser extent haynes. When i get home i will list them all if you'd like.

2 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

There is plenty of later round talent that has shown flashes..im at work so im not gonna look them all up but daley..C. miller.. And to a lesser extent haynes. When i get home i will list them all if you'd like.

Please do. Because if a couple scheme-specific Ryan Delaire’a is the best you can do, this won’t last long. 

17 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

He had this past offseason to work on the line.  He brought in Paradis, Little, Daley, and signed Van Roten to a contract extension.

How is that working out?

2 1/2 out of 4 not bad considering oline is a notoriously hard position group to slap together. Paradis has been at least average and some games better. Van Roten is what we thought he would be, a journeyman.

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How about some examples of the newfound knowledge. What’s he done that is so different? Threw away a cheap K then threw 9M more away on him. And he’s already toast. Kicked money down the road on KK and Trai for nothing. Who are these great picks beyond the first? 

An average GM? That’s hilarious. An average GM would get a phone call from somebody in the NFL. Or at least a network. Even Matt Millen. Is on TV. I’m sure Marty just loves his DJ job. If you want to know how Hurney is viewed around the league, that’s the only proof you need. 

His worst move as gm was releasing Butker who he was smart enough to draft, ill give tou that one. We could have a top gm and wouldnt get media attention, we never have and why thay matters to you i dont know. Hell CMC isnt getting the media attention of some guys on bigger market teams.

5 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

2 1/2 out of 4 not bad considering oline is a notoriously hard position group to slap together. Paradis has been at least average and some games better. Van Roten is what we thought he would be, a journeyman.

So you think that another offseason is all that Marty needs to turn the offensive line around, when he tried to do exactly that last season and failed?

With Marty reworking the O Line, you really think this teams limit is the sky?  As you stated?

Just now, Matt62881 said:

His worst move as gm was releasing Butker who he was smart enough to draft, ill give tou that one. We could have a top gm and wouldnt get media attention, we never have and why thay matters to you i dont know. Hell CMC isnt getting the media attention of some guys on bigger market teams.

He didn’t draft Butker. Are you even a Panther fan? 

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

Marty didn't draft Butker, DG did so we wouldn't have to overpay for an average, at best, kicker.

Archived