• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So how bad was Kyle Allen's performance?

FeelTheBurns53

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I kinda was :)

But with that said, only trolls and dullards took the notion of Derek Anderson usurping the starting spot as a serious option.

My most common quote about that period was that I loved Derek Anderson the Backup. Derek Anderson the Starter? Eeehhh...

Ah well that's my point. How does medicore play, when considering what CMC has done in those wins, garner any of these qb controversy discussions?

Hope all day long, I get it, I'd love to find another "delhomme-esque" late round hero.

But something is really bizarre when the conversation is to trade your mvp bleh bleh injured qb, after a full year of healing, just because 18 mil sounds scary?

It was silly to have them in the first place, and all it has done, around here atleast, is label people as "kyle haters" for the folks who see that.

Also, I remember those "trolls and dullards" at the times he played.

They havent left

10 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Ah well that's my point. How does medicore play, when considering what CMC has done in those wins, garner any of these qb controversy discussions?

Hope all day long, I get it, I'd love to find another "delhomme-esque" late round hero.

But something is really bizarre when the conversation is to trade your mvp bleh bleh injured qb, after a full year of healing, just because 18 mil sounds scary?

It was silly to have them in the first place, and all it has done, around here atleast, is label people as "kyle haters" for the folks who see that.

Also, I remember those "trolls and dullards" at the times he played.

They havent left

It's not really a quarterback controversy. A controversy would require two viable options and direct competition between them. Neither of those two things exists here

The general consensus among insiders right now is that Newton won't play without an extension and the Panthers won't give him one. Yeah, that sucks, but let's be real: If we saw another team offer an extension to a quarterback who'd been hurt for the better part of three years, we'd all probably snicker and call them morons.

Allen? I still don't think Question Two is answered yet. Again granted you have to take the OL into account, but if he wants it answered positively he can't have more games like the last one.

As to the trolls, I tend not to click on those threads. Or if I do, to respond appropriately.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's not really a quarterback controversy. A controversy would require two viable options.

The general consensus among insiders right now is that Newton won't play without an extension and the Panthers won't give him one.

Yeah, that sucks, but let's be real: If we saw another team offer an extension to a quarterback who'd been hurt for the better part of three years, we'd all probably snicker and call them morons.

Allen? I still don't think Question Two is answered yet. Again granted you have to take the OL into account, but if he wants it answered positively he can't have more games like the last one.

You

You level headed sonnamuh bish

5 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

You

You level headed sonnamuh bish

Yeah, I get a lot of crap for that :)

Lots of folks can't see the difference between believing something will happen and wanting it to happen. I tend to post about the former.

And for real, I could post a million "I believe Newton will come back and win five more MVPs and three Super Bowls" takes and it wouldn't change a damn thing.

Reality is reality. What's gonna happen is gonna happen. Maybe it'll be what we expect. Maybe it won't.

Either way, nothing anybody says here can change it.

He just throws off balance or when chased, and that is low velocity throws easily picked off.   Sometimes he cannot even see properly just throws in general direction a Hail Mary. 

Stop doing that Allen, those throws are a bad idea and you are not accurate enough to pull them off yet. 

It’s like when Cam was throwing off the back foot, same bad habit, off balance and innacurate

Archived