• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I wish I could laugh instead of cry but, the fact is, I can do neither

tiger7_88

I can't believe people actually fell for the 3-4 hype and the "Rivera taking over defensive playcalling" BS. The fact this fanbase wasn't outraged that Rivera and Hurney were both retained after the meltdown to end last year proves we have been conditioned for mediocrity. Rivera's ONLY reason here was to field a consistent top 10 defense. He's only done that twice..............................TWICE IN 9 YEARS!

And you're right, I can't even be happy that Rivera and Hurney might finally be gone after this year, because we were too busy wasting away not one, BUT TWO generational players in their primes. This franchise has always been 3 years too late. Rivera should have been canned when he got dicked down by the Saints THREE times in 2017. We could have gone on a run like the Warriors with Steve Kerr, instead we kept Mark Jackson. So depressing man.

18 hours ago, CatTower said:

Let's be real though.  If Cam was 100% this season, the team would be in playoff contention.  So unless Tepper knew Cam was going to be injured from Game 1, I can't argue with his approach.

With this O-Line? I'm not so sure about that.

Plus given that Newton had been injured for the better part of the last two seasons, the smart play would have been to get a veteran backup.

Archived