• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery

SgtJoo

4 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

If I wasn’t mistaken , Cam went to see a top doctor and they told him the surgery was not necessary. For those saying he went against a suggested surgery then you are wrong

You're correct. And Jonathan Jones was saying just yesterday that he had finally and definitely opted against it.

I was pretty surprised when a headline this morning said just the opposite.

3 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Cam aint playing in 2020 on a 1 year prove it. 

He might ride the pine, collect checks and let his contract expire tho.  It would be insane on so many levels to let that happen.

I do think there probably is someone out there who will offer him at the very least a two or three year deal.

Sounds like it won't be the Panthers though.

23 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I think it’s a low risk thing for one year but the bigger question is if he wants to play without a new deal for 1 year. There are a couple things he can do. There’s just a lot of variables going on right now. I want Cam in Charlotte, healthy with a offensive minded coach. That has always been the dream for most of us since Shula took over.

The money is one thing.

Another is one more offseason not preparing the next starter to take the reigns which is arguably the bigger cost.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

The money is one thing.

Another is one more offseason not preparing the next starter to take the reigns which is arguably the bigger cost.

Who is the next starter? That person isn't even on the roster. It definitely isn't Grier 

6 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

If I wasn’t mistaken , Cam went to see a top doctor and they told him the surgery was not necessary. For those saying he went against a suggested surgery then you are wrong

none of us know what the dr said.  we only know what was said after he went to the dr.   the dr can't come out and say 'actually i think surgery is his best option, but not the only possible one'       if he's decided to get surgery then its pretty much guaranteed that's what the dr said.   

If Tepper is going full bore analytics in such a rash way, then I think that seals it for Cam's time here.  Even before injury he was always worse in the analytics than the eye test, I know PFF never regarded him nearly as highly as regular media did even in the 15-1 year.  They didn't even have him as a top 5 player that year.

Wonder if the fans cheering him on for firing Rivera for reasons partially due to disagreement on analytics will still be so cheery when Cam gets axed for similar reasons, among others.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The money is one thing.

The only way we find the next true franchise is by drafting him this upcoming draft. I’m not sure if that’s going to be possible where we draft. There isn’t someone out there we can sign to be that guy. 

if panthers draft a qb round one. It’s the end of the Newton era.

Archived