• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My boss: “you can’t wear any Panthers gear to the Falcons game”

Hotsauce

33 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Didn’t take much effort at all actually.

Free speech doesn’t protect your job if you act like an ass on private property while representing your company. Pretty simple.

The fact that Kaepernick screwed it up even more than that is just icing on the proverbial cake.

I admit I shouldn’t have hijacked the thread though. There are plenty of threads on this subject already and it’s really just not worth the debate at this point, everybody is set in their stance by now.

Again, you are equating 2 actions, and failing. You are right, it didnt take much effort to fail.

Kneeling is not acting like an ass, and doesnt come close to the scenario you set up.

23 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Again, you are equating 2 actions, and failing. You are right, it didnt take much effort to fail.

Kneeling is not acting like an ass, and doesnt come close to the scenario you set up.

Are you saying freedom of speech protects your job if you publicly represent your company in a way they don’t wish to be represented?

Provide some substance if you have any.

Update from OP:

Pregame I was talking to my boss and another guy in the sideline. I made the comment “Dan Quinn is gonna have to coach his ass off these last few games, because he is likely to get fired at the end of the season”.  The guy we were with leaned in and whispered “Dan Quinn’s wife is standing right next to you.”  

I met Arther Blank, Dan Quinn, Raheem Morris, Roddy White, and like 20 other Falcons. I also got within arms reach of Julio, Matt Ryan, and others on the field. I literally wanted to talk so much poo, but was way out of my lane, so I kept quite, and remained polite. 

The spread of food was insane. Snow crab claws, shrimp, oysters, sushi, prime rib, chicken and waffles, etc. plus all the typical game day favorites like hot dogs, brats, wings, etc were available. Also, there was an open bar starting 1.5 hrs before the game, throughout the game, then for 30 mins after the game. We stayed and drank and didn’t leave until 5pm, well after the stadium was cleared out. 

I stayed on the field to watch most of the game, because I couldn’t handle being around all that falcon mess. 

All in all it was a fantastic experience. I probably only watched like 30 mins of the game, because it was so terrible. The stadium is unlike any other place and is top notch. 

Archived