• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams interested in Marvin William's expiring contract

bLACKpANTHER

LINK to the article on Fansided

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic (subscription required), several teams are monitoring the availability of Williams as we progress through the regular season.

They should be able to get an asset of some kind in exchange for Williams. They may have to take on another bad contract in the process, but that’s not a big deal. As long as they get a first or second round draft pick in exchange for Williams, then it will be a job well done.

^^ I can't disagree more with the idea above. No more bad long term contracts. We are finally going to be rid of Marvin, MKG, Biz, Zeller and Batum's terrible contract over the next 2 years and I don't want to add anything on top of them for a crap shoot draft pick - especially not a 2nd rounder.. and no one is giving up a 1st rounder for Marvin without giving us back something horrendous.. and even if it were a 1st rounder - a playoff team will be late in the 1st round. OBVIOUSLY - I would need to see any deal before I disregard it, but I can't imagine we would truly walk away the winner of any trade with Marvin as the centerpiece.

With that in mind - Here is an article with 5 different Trade Ideas, lmao:
Link

On 12/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, bLACKpANTHER said:

LINK to the article on Fansided

^^ I can't disagree more with the idea above. No more bad long term contracts. We are finally going to be rid of Marvin, MKG, Biz, Zeller and Batum's terrible contract over the next 2 years and I don't want to add anything on top of them for a crap shoot draft pick - especially not a 2nd rounder.. and no one is giving up a 1st rounder for Marvin without giving us back something horrendous.. and even if it were a 1st rounder - a playoff team will be late in the 1st round. OBVIOUSLY - I would need to see any deal before I disregard it, but I can't imagine we would truly walk away the winner of any trade with Marvin as the centerpiece.

With that in mind - Here is an article with 5 different Trade Ideas, lmao:
Link

We a bad team bad contracts mean nothing, we are not a destination for players  its way way better to horde picks. 

I guess it depends.  Should we take a contract that last two years...no big deal.  We have Batum that long and will be no good next year anyway.  21-22 before we actually could do anything I figure.  Now Any contract longer than that and multiple solid assets better be coming our way.

Archived