• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera To Meet With Redskins Officials Tomorrow - Likely To Be Their Next HC

bobsfoodbasics

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Except he's not.

Multiple sources called Rivera the top candidate in the league. It's believed, had he been patient, he could have had his choice of jobs.

He is considered a top 10 nfl coach in nfl circles. He took the Washington job because of his ego. He likes rebuilds,  his winner statement didn't make sense when he said it. If he can fix the Redskins even with Snyder and make them a playoff team.. that's a big ego boost. Js. Lol

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

No direction at QB, even if Cam stays, his health a huge question mark. 

Lots of free agents on defense, bunch of players not likely coming back like Olsen

No idea on how the front office will work. 

Tepper also seems to be more like Jones, Haslam and Synder than typical owners. 

How will that dynamic work. I'm a Panthers fan, but if I was a coach, I'd stay away. 

Okay so then since Cleveland is tied at the hip with Baker Mayfield, is that a better opening? 

Same with Daniel Jones in New York...is that position going to be better as well?

Tepper has already stated that the head coach will have input on front office decisions...how is that a negative?

1 minute ago, raz said:

you mean an article and chatter put out by his agent?   i'm just not buying it.  you don't take the skins job if any other team will hire you.  that's just reality.   

Skins and Panthers job are considered pretty even right now. Rivera's ego makes Washington an attractive job. 

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

Okay so then since Cleveland is tied at the hip with Baker Mayfield, is that a better opening? 

Same with Daniel Jones in New York...is that position going to be better as well?

Tepper has already stated that the head coach will have input on front office decisions...how is that a negative?

Well if Cam isn't healthy then yes both of those jobs look better. You dont have to spend high draft capital on a QB, you can load the team around young QB's. 

Hurney is hiring new coach, him and the coach are hiring the assistant gm. Hurney is heavily involved on both sides like I've said from the start. 

Just now, raz said:

that i can buy.  reading about players being able to go to snyder if they're his guys, i can't figure why anyone would take that job

It's no different than when coaches take on guys like Antonio Brown, because "hey, maybe he screwed up everywhere else but my coaching will change him".

Big ego and poor decision making are a hell of a combo.

29 minutes ago, mjligon said:

considered even by who? you?

The Panthers have no QB if Cam isn't healthy. Cam hasnt played a full season healthy in 3 years.  IF Cam is healthy and IF Cam can make it through a full season then obviously Carolina is a much more attractive job. Those are really big ifs tho. 

Browns, Giants, Redskins all have young qbs and draft capital can be spent on bolstering the team around those young qbs. 

1 minute ago, raz said:

no, never have been.   i think that's rivera grief you're going thru.   

past has diddly to do w/ the current openings right now and what the teams look like going into 2020.  

For example, Carolina was a fantastic spot when Ron arrived.   

Lot of unknowns in Carolina and things that need fixed.  Just a reality.  CMC doesn't out weigh the reality of that. 

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

The Panthers have no QB if Cam isn't healthy. Cam hasnt played a full season healthy if 3 years.  IF Cam is healthy and IF Cam can make it through a full season then obviously Carolina is a much more attractive job. Those are really big ifs tho. 

Browns, Giants, Redskins all have young qbs and draft capital can be spent on bolstering the team around those young qbs. 

And you have no say whatsoever in who your quarterback is going to be? Yeah, no. 

A HC is going to want to be able to make decisions about who their quarterback is. The 3 teams you just mentioned are stuck with questionable "franchise" worthy QBs.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

past has diddly to do w/ the current openings right now and what the teams look like going into 2020.  

For example, Carolina was a fantastic spot when Ron arrived.   

Lot of unknowns in Carolina and things that need fixed.  Just a reality.  CMC doesn't out weigh the reality of that. 

In what world was Carolina in a fantastic spot when Rivera showed up? Are you kidding me? 

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

And you have no say whatsoever in who your quarterback is going to be? Yeah, no. 

A HC is going to want to be able to make decisions about who their quarterback is. The 3 teams you just mentioned are stuck with questionable "franchise" worthy QBs.

Likely being hired by the Giants, Redskins or Browns means working with the QBs there and part of the interview process for those jobs will be how are you going to design an offense around our QB. Same in Carolina I'd imagine if Cam was healthy 

23 minutes ago, mjligon said:

Yeah since a new head coach isn’t going to want to make major decisions about a QB...

that makes us more attractive 

new HCs have limited time.  This isn't a situation like Ron walked into. 

You got to rebuild both the OL and DL before QB play even matters frankly.  Especially a young QB.   

The questions in Carolina simply out number the question marks elsewhere.   So if you are a new HC.  Winning soon is really what matters most to you. 

Archived