• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apex Legends

lightsout

I feel like there used to be a thread on this but I can't find it. Anybody play? Grand Soiree event launching on Tuesday and I feel like it will be a good way to conclude season 3. Lots of new modes has to mean some testing for what to do with the game through the year right?

And if anybody has played on console but owns a PC and hasn't played on PC...play on PC. Just a better experience. I really think it was made for PC in terms of total optimization.

200+ wins   1+ kdr   over 1000 games season 3    4K+ since they started tracking.  Play just about every night with a bud from Florida.   We sometimes have a third but mostly just us 2.    Mostly Wraith bud plays mostly lifeline.   Would love a constant nightly 9pm-11pm ish 3rd who's not a prick and goes well with our play style and is not a total noob.  

Ranked season 2 we are gold 2 and 3 atm but we only play it when we have our third who is also a gold 2

1 hour ago, TbTeRRoR said:

200+ wins   1+ kdr   over 1000 games season 3    4K+ since they started tracking.  Play just about every night with a bud from Florida.   We sometimes have a third but mostly just us 2.    Mostly Wraith bud plays mostly lifeline.   Would love a constant nightly 9pm-11pm ish 3rd who's not a prick and goes well with our play style and is not a total noob.  

Ranked season 2 we are gold 2 and 3 atm but we only play it when we have our third who is also a gold 2

What do you play on? I'm on PC but own a PS4. Just really prefer PC. After getting very comfortable on mouse and keyboard, it's tough to pick up a controller. lol

I've actually thought about creating a Huddle Discord server. Okay, I didn't actually think about it, I made it but never finished setting it up. I started trying to get fancy with it and lost interest after dealing with some bots. I'm down to make a bare-bones server though. I do worry about some people on here joining it and just trolling and what not; that's why I started trying to get fancy with it by locking down channels and having people assign themselves roles. 

I'd be glad to continue setting it up if we think people would use it.

P.S. @TbTeRRoR I think we're already friends on Origin but we've never played. I haven't played Apex in a while, but that's mainly because everyone I was playing with stopped. I was Gold in Season 2. I purchased the pass for Season 3, but haven't played that much. What's your playstyle?

4 hours ago, Arroz con Panther said:

I've actually thought about creating a Huddle Discord server. Okay, I didn't actually think about it, I made it but never finished setting it up. I started trying to get fancy with it and lost interest after dealing with some bots. I'm down to make a bare-bones server though. I do worry about some people on here joining it and just trolling and what not; that's why I started trying to get fancy with it by locking down channels and having people assign themselves roles. 

P.S. @TbTeRRoR I think we're already friends on Origin but we've never played. I haven't played Apex in a while, but that's mainly because everyone I was playing with stopped. I was Gold in Season 2. I purchased the pass for Season 3, but haven't played that much. What's your playstyle?

I believe I've added you on origin and maybe on discord. Not sure. But yeah, server would be a good idea. You're the admin, just boot the trolls if they do show up. Lol

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

I believe I've added you on origin and maybe on discord. Not sure. But yeah, server would be a good idea. You're the admin, just boot the trolls if they do show up. Lol

Making a post now. What's your name in Origin or Discord? I clean up my friend's list a lot so I may have accidentally deleted you. Mine's Chaymbah.

15 hours ago, Arroz con Panther said:

11 hours ago, lightsout said:

My/ our play style is dependent on the situation/ mode.   I  personally prefer isolated landings.  Avoiding combat unless there is an obvious advantage and lasting till there are only 2 squads left.  That is our ranked strategy 90% of the time.  Only 90 because sometimes peeps start slipping and tripping and snipe blasting in the middle of the map.   

As far as normal apex goes we play different ways.  I'd say 70% of the time we land at moderate areas around 800/ 1000 m away from the drop ship but we do hot drops a good bit to.  Really the hot drops happen if we get frustrated or are feeling really good.   We like to land  Tree, Overlook, Skyhook, Drillsite, Fissure, Refinery,and Geyser.  We generally avoid Train yard, Sorting, capital on landing but they do happen.  We go Dome every now and then but it seems like Dome and Skyhook can lead to some really crappy first zones.

I have 2 discords and am admin on another which is my main/ part of a gaming group i'm a senior admin on.  Also have 3-4 others who join us there from time to time and would prefer to stay there but I am not opposed to joining another.

Origin name TbTeRRoR

1 hour ago, TbTeRRoR said:

My/ our play style is dependent on the situation/ mode.   I  personally prefer isolated landings.  Avoiding combat unless there is an obvious advantage and lasting till there are only 2 squads left.  That is our ranked strategy 90% of the time.  Only 90 because sometimes peeps start slipping and tripping and snipe blasting in the middle of the map.   

As far as normal apex goes we play different ways.  I'd say 70% of the time we land at moderate areas around 800/ 1000 m away from the drop ship but we do hot drops a good bit to.  Really the hot drops happen if we get frustrated or are feeling really good.   We like to land  Tree, Overlook, Skyhook, Drillsite, Fissure, Refinery,and Geyser.  We generally avoid Train yard, Sorting, capital on landing but they do happen.  We go Dome every now and then but it seems like Dome and Skyhook can lead to some really crappy first zones.

I have 2 discords and am admin on another which is my main/ part of a gaming group i'm a senior admin on.  Also have 3-4 others who join us there from time to time and would prefer to stay there but I am not opposed to joining another.

Origin name TbTeRRoR

Your strat is the antithesis of mine. Lol. But I can make it work. I'm of the belief that early fights and pushing towards fights constantly while taking the best angle/approach is the way to go. Allows you to get looted fairly early. If I see a person and can hit them with a sniper or 301, I start blasting. But again, different strokes and I enjoy the 8 kill 1500+ damage game where I finish 5th more than I enjoy the 2 kill, 550 damage game I win. Unless we're talking ranked because RP is tough in gold and beyond.

4 hours ago, TbTeRRoR said:

Origin name TbTeRRoR

Sent a friend request

23 hours ago, lightsout said:

Sent a friend request

Yeah I seen ya playing  We played duo's last night won 2 finished second 3 times and played about 2-3 more games.  In 2 of the 3 second place games my teammate went down leaving me 2 vs 1  both games I knocked 1 of the 2  and got good hits in the final 1 v1  but I was weak from fighting the other guy.  We were so close to winning 4 or 5 outta 6.   Each game was about 3 kill-ish 800-1200 dmg.  All those Kraber shots 

Favorite game of the night was the last win we got.  It was a master piece Caustic Ending.  Skyhook the tall fence around the round middle building. We were on the lowside inside the fence.  Last zone was there. I had 4 traps at the base of the fence and my gas bomb. The last team had to climb over the fence right above my traps and drop....was a very gas filled ending.  Luckily the other team didnt have a caustic so I was the only person who could see anything.  Fish in a barrel!

14 minutes ago, TbTeRRoR said:

Yeah I seen ya playing  We played duo's last night won 2 finished second 3 times and played about 2-3 more games.  In 2 of the 3 second place games my teammate went down leaving me 2 vs 1  both games I knocked 1 of the 2  and got good hits in the final 1 v1  but I was weak from fighting the other guy.  We were so close to winning 4 or 5 outta 6.   Each game was about 3 kill-ish 800-1200 dmg.  All those Kraber shots 

Favorite game of the night was the last win we got.  It was a master piece Caustic Ending.  Skyhook the tall fence around the round middle building. We were on the lowside inside the fence.  Last zone was there. I had 4 traps at the base of the fence and my gas bomb. The last team had to climb over the fence right above my traps and drop....was a very gas filled ending.  Luckily the other team didnt have a caustic so I was the only person who could see anything.  Fish in a barrel!

That's awesome man. I got 3-4 duos wins last night and then me and my buddy got ACP in for some ranked and got a win with him. Sounds like we all had a good night!

I've gotten all the event challenges done except for the top one with the tiers. I think I hit 5 or 6 out of the 11.

Archived