• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What could we get for CMC?

Reebis21

@electro's horse is the guy who will slam fans of players like Cam Newton as "Vick fans" yet turn around and advocate nuking our salary cap to make a running back the highest paid at his position even if we don't have a franchise guy behind center.

So basically he is everything he has railed against, a "player only" fan.

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

San Fran has been a better rushing team than passing this year by far. A good run game and line helps even the most pedestrian QB look good.

They have multiple rbs, a good oline and an above average qb along with a defensive line made up of all 1st round picks. We have none of those things (unless cam comes back)

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Ok but does that change the fact they lean on the rushing game?

Multiple teams are leaning on the run game. So far the only team I have seen that is successful and actually winning using primarily only one main back are the Titans.

14 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

If that’s the case then expect 3-5 win seasons a year. The centerpiece needs to be a quarterback.

no it doesn't

have you watched the titans

and derrick henry isn't even a traditional three down back.

Just now, Rags said:

no it doesn't

have you watched the titans

and derrick henry isn't even a traditional three down back.

You think winning a playoff game with your quarterback only throwing for 80 something yards isn't rare in the current NFL?

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

@electro's horse is the guy who will slam fans of players like Cam Newton as "Vick fans" yet turn around and advocate nuking our salary cap to make a running back the highest paid at his position even if we don't have a franchise guy behind center.

So basically he is everything he has railed against, a "player only" fan.

he's not wrong though.

who else are we gonna be paying big money to? D.J. maybe? Possibly FAs?

Even if we pay CMC as the highest paid HB, it wouldn't hurt us as much as you make it out to be because lol where else is that money going right now?

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You think winning a playoff game with your quarterback only throwing for 80 something yards isn't rare in the current NFL?

it is extremely rare. I don't think Tannehill's play is sustainable, and they definitely should try to improve that position no matter what happens this post season.

That doesn't make Herny not the focal point of that offense. 

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

he's not wrong though.

who else are we gonna be paying big money to? D.J. maybe? Possibly FAs?

Even if we pay CMC as the highest paid HB, it wouldn't hurt us as much as you make it out to be because lol where else is that money going right now?

How well did the years treat the Panthers after making double trouble two of the highest paid RB's in the league?

1 minute ago, Rags said:

it is extremely rare. I don't think Tannehill's play is sustainable, and they definitely should try to improve that position no matter what happens this post season.

I think CMC is plenty capable of doing the type of things Henry is doing in the playoffs. We all know the talent he possesses. But McCaffrey is also not built like Henry. I mean the man is damn near Cam Newton at running back.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Ryan Tannehill threw for 88 yards to win against the ravens. Sorry that poo does not happen anymore. Henry is that fuging good. 

You're. kind of proving my point here.

I'm not saying Tannehill is the future of the franchise for Tennessee. They still need an upgrade at QB and he can hold them back from winning a ship'.

That doesn't mean the centerpiece needs to be a QB. You just need one that's solid, and can run your system well. The Titans have a punishing run game behind Henry and a top level defense. They don't need a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Cam Newton. 

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

If they had better qb play he wouldn’t be he would be a piece to the puzzle. What Henry is doing right now is historical. He’s literally breaking playoff records. 

Archived