• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"WHO DAT" = all time dumbest cheer

CatMan72

Finally, "Who Dat" became part of a chant for fans cheering on their favorite team. It has been debated exactly where it started, but some claim it began with Southern University fans either in the late 1960's or early 70's and went "Who dat say they gonna beat dem Jags" - Southern University being nicknamed the Jaguars. There's also those who claim around the same time it began at St. Augustine High School, an all boys Catholic high school in New Orleans for African-Americans. It then quickly spread to New Orleans Public Schools. Then in the late 70's fans at Louisiana State University picked up on it. In 1983, New Orleans Saints fans adopted it during the tenure of coach Bum Phillips. In 1981, the Cincinnati Bengals fans and players started with the now famous "Who Dey" cheer. It was also adopted by wrestling fans of the Junkyard Dog, who wrestled locally in the Mid South Wrestling area in the early to mid 1980s

Who Dat?

Who Dey?

are the Jags gonna go w/ Who Dem?

Dumbest chant in sports...hands down.

I'll take the Cat noise any day...which we def took from Penn State football or something else...A LOT of Cat based teams do the Grrrrowl...

I love how people say the growl is "pussy"...I'd love to see them face to face w/ a Panther growling at them...anything but pussy....

The cat noise is something played between snaps at BoA stadium. "Who dat" is something fans go around jumping over themselves giddy to exclaim, tattoo on themselves, make threads named after, create sports bars in reference, and whatever other random perceivable connection they can think of. A comparison of the two is so far fetched even Saints fans should be smart enough to realize the difference.

Oh, its real alright. The thing about that song is we all KNOW that it is stupid. We don't go around singing it like a bunch of Roland County Mental Institute Glee Club freaks like you guys do "Who Dat".

LOL, classic... the dumbass Saints fans are actually proud of "who dat".

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Look, you can all make fun of the who dat song, but what I'm really embarassed about is our owner. The fact that Payton had to open his own checkbook to get Williams in a d-coordinator speaks volumes. If you guys think your owner sucks, try Tom Benson on for size....he's a piece of feces.

Look, you can all make fun of the who dat song, but what I'm really embarassed about is our owner. The fact that Payton had to open his own checkbook to get Williams in a d-coordinator speaks volumes. If you guys think your owner sucks, try Tom Benson on for size....he's a piece of feces.

Benson is still alive? I thought a hole opened up in the ground and swallowed him after that whole trying to move the team after Katrina thing.

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Benson is still alive? I thought a hole opened up in the ground and swallowed him after that whole trying to move the team after Katrina thing.

yep, still alive and cheap and sleazy as ever

Archived