• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

number28's possibly pointless stats to ponder car@no

i'm one to take overall stats with a grain of salt. i like to look deeper into numbers and dig up crap that imo opinion tell the real story.

i believe this game is going to be decided by either team's rushing attack...even with brees at the helm for the saints.

first the obvious...

ranked 24th, carolina's run defense leaves much to be desired.

the not so obvious...

ranked 4th in rushing offense, new orleans is relentless with rushing the ball. they average 34 attempts a game. 27 attempts is the least they've run in a single game this season. that means even with probably the best passing attack in the league, they are not going to give up on the run...period. something carolina has finally decided to do (i think).

carolina, who now has decided to truly live or die by the run (i hope) is ranked 5th in rushing offense.

now the point to ponder...

the saints 11th ranked rush defense...injuries or no injuries, things are not quite what they seem.

these are what the opposing teams have done against the saints rushing defense each week. keep in mind, these are net rushing yards...not just numbers from a single starting RB.

week 1 - 33 yards 1.6 ypc

week 2 - 79 yards 3.6 ypc

week 3 - 89 yards 4.2 ypc

week 4 - 132 yards 4.9 ypc

week 5 -bye...time to rest

week 6 - 74 yards 4.4 ypc

week 7 - 137 yards 4.6 ypc

week 8 - 161 yards 6.7 ypc

anyone notice the trend?

Archived