• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your 1st round surprise this year?

AU-panther

IMO Rhule(Snow) would like to get an extra 2 or 3.  The only reasonable way to do that is to trade down from7.   Simmons/Tua are likely the two attractive enough players to generate that big of move.  I would expect them to only accept more than equal trade value. In the Tampa example, instead of  giving a 5th, we would also get their 5th.

Of course, this puts us on Plan B, where we forego a premium player in order to add another potential starter.  If we go down as far as Tampa, I think it’s for either Murray or Queen.

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

The 3 surprises I could see happening:

1. The Lions or the Giants trade down - One of these two teams is going to be very tempted to take a deal to trade down by a team hungry for one of the QBs available trying to jump in front of the Dolphins or the Chargers.

2. The Raiders trade up to draft a QB - Gruden has never watched a QB snap the ball he doesn't like until they get on his team. Of all the "surprise" teams to throw a wrench into the works on draft day, the Raiders are it.

3. No WR goes in the Top 10 - With all of the talent at WR, no team bites on any of the great WR talent available. Instead a run on QBs, OTs, and a few of the common names we've seen thrown around pushes the first WR taken just outside the Top 10.

I think a major move could be the Raiders trading up far to land Simmons.  Possibly with NYG.  DG seems infatuated with the OT prospects this year and needs to protect Jones.  12 and 19 for #4?  I think it could happen. 

3 hours ago, saX man said:

I think a major move could be the Raiders trading up far to land Simmons.  Possibly with NYG.  DG seems infatuated with the OT prospects this year and needs to protect Jones.  12 and 19 for #4?  I think it could happen. 

I would do that in a heartbeat if I’m the Giants. At least one of those top 4 OTs should fall to twelve. Then take 19 and trade back to a comfortable spot that gets you Ruiz. Use the high 2nd on I. Wilson. Then the pick you acquired moving down to get a WR that falls in a deep class. Bookends, center and a WR. Should help the kid some. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived