• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

History of Bad Blood Between Charlotte and New Orleans.

Dpantherman

Every year since 2002 when the NFC South was formed, the Panthers and Saints have played. Many would argue that the Panthers-Bucs rivalry is the strongest, but the Panthers-Saints rivalry goes beyond the two teams. In 1988 Charlotte got an NBA expansion team.......The Charlotte Hornets. I along with many loved the Hornets, we had a couple of good years, and the team was pretty well recieved. Then the sh*t hit the fan. George Shinn, team Owner was involved in a sex scandal, and as a result attendance bottomed out. The Hornet left for New Orleans, and Charlotte ended up with the Bobcats. not only would have have a Sh*tty name. They would end up being a Sh*tty team.

Just another reason why some Panther fans hate the Saints. They want to prove while New Orleans may have the better basketball team. Charlotte will own in football.

I've always felt that the Charlotte/Atlanta rivalry was the most intense. Charlotte and Atlanta are the premier emerging southeastern cities. And of course we've played a lot of good football against them. Too bad Atlanta is a sh*t hole and Charlotte is awesome.

Saints fans don't deserve to be Hornets fans...it's just Not right.

Not to mention they have a star PG who's from NC and grew up a CHARLOTTE Hornets fan...

Ahh the Charlotte Hornets was such an amazing franchise...I truly miss them.

Didn't Shinn want the team to be the Charlotte Spirit too? And the city suggested Hornets...we really fvked that up, Charlotte should have done what Seattle did and kept naming rights...oh well...the NBA just needs give NOLA the "Jazz" back and us the "Hornets" all ready... Utah can think of something....

Not to mention they have a star PG who's from NC and grew up a CHARLOTTE Hornets fan...

Didn't Shinn want the team to be the Charlotte Spirit too? And the city suggested Hornets...we really fvked that up, Charlotte should have done what Seattle did and kept naming rights...oh well...the NBA just needs give NOLA the "Jazz" back and us the "Hornets" all ready... Utah can think of something....

Yea, that really pisses me off. I still have my Charlotte hornets gear. I hate all of the NFC South teams with a passion. But I seriously can't stand the Saints. or the N.O. Hornets.

The Utah Salt Licks

Since cheap shots and chris paul have both been mentioned. Let's not forget about him punching Julius Hodge in the balls. NO can have him.

I met Chris Paul at the summer league (UNC Wilmington) in high school when i went to East Meck and he was at West Forsyth. Just a really nice down earth guy. However, when I saw that poo I really stopped being a fan.

Archived