• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Last of Us Part II

Dex

Finished it and man... it's a unique story for sure. I enjoyed the game and was hooked overall though didn't particularly care about Abby one way or the other. Will be interesting to see if the series continues and, if it does, where they take it.

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

This game is akin to Star Wars The Last Jedi.  It feels like they could have done anything else and it would have worked but they decided to ruin everything.  Stupid.

How do you believe they ruined everything? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious on your point of view.

1 hour ago, Dex said:

How do you believe they ruined everything? Not being snarky, I'm genuinely curious on your point of view.

The first game had characters you cared about...this game has none of that.  Plus it is so damn depressing overall.  I hated it to be honest.  

I realize it is intentionally brutal but damn...they just didn’t do a good job with the characters they developed in the first game.

Not posting spoilers here but I think you know what I mean

On 7/11/2020 at 2:25 PM, Shocker said:

The first game had characters you cared about...this game has none of that.  Plus it is so damn depressing overall.  I hated it to be honest.  

I realize it is intentionally brutal but damn...they just didn’t do a good job with the characters they developed in the first game.

Not posting spoilers here but I think you know what I mean

I can see your viewpoint and I didn't care all that much about a certain main character but man was I hooked on the gameplay, world, and overall story. This type of single-player game is my jam so I might be an easy target but I completely understand why they went where they did with the story and am cool with how things went.

I hope they make a 3rd.

16 hours ago, KSpan said:

I can see your viewpoint and I didn't care all that much about a certain main character but man was I hooked on the gameplay, world, and overall story. This type of single-player game is my jam so I might be an easy target but I completely understand why they went where they did with the story and am cool with how things went.

I hope they make a 3rd.

Ok, so the game is fuggin beautiful graphics wise. I liked the game play as well.  The story bugged me pretty bad but I would not say it isn’t worth a play through.  It definitely is a worthy game but really difficult to say I had a good time playing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished and, honestly, I liked Abby’s part of the story. I think it helped shed some light on how fuged up an apocalypse would be. Everyone has their own agenda. It would have been boring/unfulfilling if we just followed Ellie the entire time. I felt bad mashing the buttons during the last fight scene. While I generally didn’t care for any of Abby’s crew, I understood where Abby was coming from. 

I thought the level design for Abby’s part was spectacular. The entire world designed by naughty dog was amazing. I did think some plot lines were forced but it didn’t bother me nor make the game worse. If, and I think it’s a big if, they make a third game, I’ll be playing it. 

Archived