• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Little (Now Off) PUP

mrcompletely11

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Huh? Damn you move goal posts. First it’s rookies only start on bad teams and I disproved that. Now it’s none of the OL were LTs. Well, one LT was hurt before the season started and one was Little.

Also it’s only top 20 picks, which is 100% incorrect. None the RTs that started were top 20 picks. Bobby Evans started for the 9-7 Rams next to another rookie. Evans was a late 3rd rounder that we could have taken along with a stud C/G instead of Little. Evans sidekick was a 5th rounder. Both of them did well and will probably continue to start and improve. Taylor, Ford, McGary, Evans, Edoga and Howard were all post top 20 picks that started at RT. Only 1 tackle was taken top 20 and he was IR’d in preseason.

Also, Bradberry had a solid rookie year. Worley didn’t and neither did Bene or Boston or Coleman. Our whole secondary was trash. Do you think if the nickel and safeties were good that maybe Worley could have been better? He played well in Oakland. You are using the whole line shifting as an excuse.

Listen, it’s already a fact that Little was a bad pick. It’s year two and we traded Turner to get a new starting LT. We could have had a potential pro bowl center and a guy who could be our RG this year and/or replace Moton. Instead the Saints have the stud C and the Rams have a young and improving right side of their OL. We’ve got a backup.

With 32 teams and 200 draft picks you can find exceptions to a generaization.  It doesn't negate the trend simply educates the extent to which it applies. You don't think that it is much easier and more likely for rookies to start on bad teams versus contenders?  Especially for guys out of the first round?  You did a good job pointing out exceptions with only moderate hyperbole.   Worley though. And again we were talking about rookies not whether they could be better. After all haven't you written off Little after appearing in 4 games. I though the generalization was waiting for 3 years to decide if a player is a bust. I guess Little must be the exception that you so like to point out.

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

All of the fact have been posted on this site before and since that draft. I am not responsible to do the work required for you to be semi-competent in your argument on this discussion. Look at the first post on page 8. 

Please stop your projecting your need to pretend to be an expert on other people. Am I mean about how little I think of Little? I would say realistic. Good news for Little is that he has a rookie contract so he should continue to get a shot at proving me wrong. Sadly, he has yet to do much of that. If he did then you wouldn't have to protect him from getting crap on the internet while making millions doing little for the Panthers to date. 

I am not mad, just sad that I am being stalked by a keyboard jockey that is known for wasting time here. So do your last word thing and I will agree to disagree, or in this case live in different realities.

Pretty disjoined rant. You sound triggered. And I am the one all over the place making stuff up. Right!!!!!

9 hours ago, stbugs said:

Look at his posts with me. He’s made blatantly incorrect statements like rookie OL don’t start on good teams and then everyone who did start was a top 20 pick when half of the RTs who started were taken after Little.

He will bend himself over backwards to defend every move by the team. We’ve had bad drafts. 13 of the top 20 OL started and played significant time for their teams, most the entire year. Most of the 13 played on above .500 teams/playoff teams. We could have had two solid OL instead of Little. It was a bad reach. No one had a first round grade on Little other than us otherwise a solid LT doesn’t go 37 to the only team that coveted him. I would have been happier even if we took Little without the trade up so we could have gotten Evans or Crosby at 77 and another OL/DL at 100 instead of freaking Grier. Day 2 with picks 47, 77 and 100 and we got two backups, one of whom we know will never start unless we’re desperate. So many good OL went in day 2.

Thats a curb stomp

15 minutes ago, Verge said:

I'll say for a fact that there were at least 3 other teams that had a first round grade on Greg Little. Make of that what you will.

I don't doubt you one bit and always enjoy your insight and what you bring to the Huddle even if I didn't like the implications if has on the Panthers. 

The fact is that if draft grades by teams equaled great players there wouldn't be so many misses in the draft every year. It's obviously a tough and imperfect process. Easy to say from the bleachers so I don't want to give any indications that I am criticizing you at all.  So far he hasn't been worth a 2nd let alone a 1st. Will that change? I don't know but I would not bet on it and that's outside of the concussions. 

Archived