• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule wants to win

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Only half? So you’re better off drafting a first round QB, than hoping for one in the later rounds? That’s the most no poo Sherlock thing ever. 

anywhere in the first round is a lot different from the must have #1 overall pick. We get first round pick every year, I think. So, we don't need to waste an entire season and tank for the #1 overall pick to get a good QB. We can build a winning culture and program, and pick up a QB in the 1st round when it suits us.

9 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

anywhere in the first round is a lot different from the must have #1 overall pick. We get first round pick every year, I think. So, we don't need to waste an entire season and tank for the #1 overall pick to get a good QB. We can build a winning culture and program, and pick up a QB in the 1st round when it suits us.

I’m fine with Lance and JF at this point as well. Let those two sit for a year, though. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Really? Can you name another position in the Draft that has produced that many HOFers? What pick if so? 

Yes, really. Do you know what an outlier is? 

I thought the goal was a Superbowl win? Why are you moving the goal posts again? I don't give have a poo if our QB is in the hall of fame. I want a Superbowl victory. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Yes, really. Do you know what an outlier is? 

I thought the goal was a Superbowl win? Why are you moving the goal posts again? I don't give have a poo if our QB is in the hall of fame. I want a Superbowl victory. 

You're the one moving the goal post, because I asked how many HOFers were picked at other positions. Since you, wanted to go that route. LOL. Since picking 1, and winning a super bowl/being a HOFer is an "outlier" to you. LOL. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

You're the one moving the goal post, because I asked how many HOFers were picked at other positions. Since you, wanted to go that route. LOL. Since picking 1, and winning a super bowl/being a HOFer is an "outlier" to you. LOL. 

You said Superbowl QBs not taken at #1 are outliers. They are not. Here, allow me to quote you so you can see your own silly words. 

35 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Yes! Love the outliers argument, always the best. Jimmy G went to a Super Bowl, so, should we try to build a stacked roster and have an average QB? Is that what you want? This is why we can’t have nice things. People wanting to win games in a rebuild year. Sigh. 

You clearly have no idea what an outlier is and now you are just throwing poo at the fan trying to distract from it. It is pretty funny, but I have now grown bored of it. Enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You said Superbowl QBs not taken at #1 are outliers. They are not. Here, allow me to quote you so you can see your own silly words. 

You clearly have no idea what an outlier is and now you are just throwing poo at the fan trying to distract from it. It is pretty funny, but I have now grown bored of it. Enjoy. 

So, I quoted your thing about QB's after round 1, not just the number 1 QB. Which equated to 12 QB's winning Super Bowls. That's 6 more round of QB's you can pick. But, the number 1 pick produced 4 Super Bowl winners, that within itself should show how important getting the number 1 pick is. Because of those outliers that won Super Bowls after the first round shows me all I need to know. Because in the end, you can go pick for pick, but the number 1 pick has the most super bowl winners out of any pick in the Draft the last 20 years. Period. 

1 hour ago, SaltnPepper said:

You guys are frustrating. 

We don't have the luxury of waiting and hoping to strike gold with a QB.

Do you know how many things have to go right to find one of those later picked guys?

A lot of those that were found later they already had a franchise QB and these guys were picked as fliers.

We have zero championships to rest our hat on. And we don't have a Bledsoe or Farve currently sitting here winning games.

So no, we don't have the luxury of waiting for someone to fall in our lap.

Especially if you realize that for someone to fall into a 10-6 wild card teams lap everyone in front of us has to miss him.

Every year, one or more QB’s are picked in the top 5. Do you realize how many of those never make it. The vast majority don’t because they go to bad teams who don’t know how to win. 

I want a top QB as much as everyone else but I’ve realized that pursuit is stupid if we foster a losing culture trying to get that #1 pick. 

Winning cultures attract good players (free agency). Losing teams attract losers who just want to get paid. That’s a big reason why some teams always seem to be contenders. They have their pick of the FA market.

See the Browns. All the draft picks in the world can’t fix that mess.

Just now, Tbe said:

Every year, one or more QB’s are picked in the top 5. Do you realize how many of those never make it. The vast majority don’t because they go to bad teams who don’t know how to win. 

I want a top QB as much as everyone else but I’ve realized that pursuit is stupid if we foster a losing culture trying to get that #1 pick. 

Winning cultures attract good players (free agency). Losing teams attract losers who just want to get paid. That’s a big reason why some teams always seem to be contenders. They have their pick of the FA market.

See the Browns. All the draft picks in the world can’t fix that mess.

Pretty sure the Browns having 3 coaches in 3 years recently, has been their biggest problem. 

32 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Pretty sure the Browns having 3 coaches in 3 years recently, has been their biggest problem. 

Their problems go way past 3 years. For the past 15 years or so they’ve been known as the team you go to if you want to get paid without working too hard. 

They are trying to turn it around but it’s hard to attract talent (coaching, etc) to that kind of locker room. 

22 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Their problems go way past 3 years. For the past 15 years or so they’ve been known as the team you go to if you want to get paid without working too hard. 

They are trying to turn it around but it’s hard to attract talent (coaching, etc) to that kind of locker room. 

I said recently to be fair. And na, you have to have an up and coming coach to go there. Not just hiring retreads that didn't work out elsewhere. Same issue with the Redskins recently. 

Archived