• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Batum as expected. Opted in. Will make 27 mill.

As expected.  But man, he should feel so fuging dirty.  Like this had to be one of the all-time worst contracts ever in terms of value to production.  He should be ashamed.  

I never imagined when we offered him that, that he would never even approach the player he was the year before.  And just think, GS and DAL were his biggest suitors...  if we would've let them make that mistake, it would've changed the whole landscape of the NBA.

A lot of teams gave out huge deals that offseason.. (see Harrison Barnes).. the league was stupid for giving the bump all in one season instead have spreading it out over a 3-4 year span - they have admitted they fugged up in that decision too..

we just happened to be in a bad position with 4 FAs that year (Jeremy Lin, Courtney Lee, Nic Batum and Marvin Williams) and retained 2 on bloated deals: Batum and Marvin

1 minute ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

A lot of teams gave out huge deals that offseason.. (see Harrison Barnes).. the league was stupid for giving the bump all in one season instead have spreading it out over a 3-4 year span - they have admitted they fugged up in that decision too..

we just happened to be in a bad position with 4 FAs that year (Jeremy Lin, Courtney Lee, Nic Batum and Marvin Williams) and retained 2 on bloated deals: Batum and Marvin

Yeah, but with a lot of those other guys, they had some redeemable qualities even though they could never live up to the contract.  Batur just turned into a worse version of fat Boris Diaw.

1 minute ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Just deal with him for one more year and move on

Do you believe his salary of $26mil is more valuable to us in FA dollars??
-OR-
Do you believe his salary of $26mil is more valuable as a trade chip??

I'm leaning your way and saying just let him expire and be done with him.. but I am not 100% sure.. we normally have to overpay any FA that comes here. Like Massively!! (Most recently Rozier, Batum, Marvin, Big Al)
Al Jefferson worked out for us - but everyone was laughing at us when we gave him that 3yr – $41mil contract. No one on the market was throwing that his way. We always have to up the ante when it comes to FAs.

What I am saying is $26 million isn't truly worth S26 million when it comes to Charlotte... sadly

Archived