• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Scks ...Got it.. How do we fix it

DaveThePanther2008

34 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You have averaged 42.5 posts per-day, every-day...

...for the last 30 days --- and have said absolutely nothing.

That, is something to behold.

Come on man, get on the record as it goes to Marty and a potential GM hire!

Live a little!!

My life is just fine, thanks. A lot better than it was a year ago at this time for sure.

Shouldn't have done the whole pushing for a prediction schtick. That gave you away.

How many alts is this now?

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My life is just fine, thanks. A lot better than it was a year ago at this time for sure.

Shouldn't have done the whole pushing for a prediction schtick. That gave you away.

How many alts is this now?

Why are you completely unwilling to state an opinion?

Like it was said during fa and the draft, Rhule will get credit for all the draft pick hits and fa hits while some miraculous way hurney will get blamed for the misses.

real culprit is who decided to move on from cam? Who decided teddy would be and upgrade ? If that’s Brady then whoever he convinced to plunge all in on teddy is at fault for a lot of the future woes 

24 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

real culprit is who decided to move on from cam?

Who decided teddy would be and upgrade ?

If that’s Brady then whoever he convinced to plunge all in on teddy is at fault for a lot of the future woes 

Like all the other important decisions --- analyzed/bargained collectively --- but in this case no doubt Tepper made the ultimate stop/go call.

Unlikely anyone considered Teddy to be an "upgrade", but rather, the best available option in the absence of Cam. 

Put another way, neither decision hinged on the other...even if Teddy wasn't available, they were moving on from Cam. 

Brady has no autonomous power of any kind.  His opinion will be heard but he ain't making any independent calls on player-personnel.

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Uuuhhh...Yeah. That's a pretty dumb article.

Jermaine Carter is a JAG, Ian Thomas is nothing special and Troy Pride has been inconsistent. Bragging about those guys as "killing it" doesn't exactly show a lot of knowledge.

What seems to show even less knowledge though is that the writer apparently doesn't know Marty Hurney didn't run the 2017 draft.

Pride has shown some promise.  Unless you are top tier CB coming out of college you are going to have some sort of learning curve.

Robinson - Wasted pick if you ask me.  He couldn't even make the 53 and went to PS and no one stole him.

Roy - I think is a good rotational player and has done well considering he's a rookie.

Miller - Opted out but this guy showed promise in his rookie year.  I look forward to seeing him in 2021

Scarlett - Missed a golden opportunity to get plenty of playing time but Opted Out.   Can take or leave

Daley - Has been a good find if he can just stay healthy.  

Thomas - IMO a huge disappointment.  Was supposed to be the Heir apparent to Olsen and just never took off. 

Haynes - Been a solid rotational player

Carter - Playing better than Whitehead

Elder - I think it is time for us to get off this trial.  He's been with us for years and no improvement.

Armah - I was hoping to see him in the offense more.  I remember some early preseason and had a couple receptions.

I like these midround players.

15 hours ago, SOJA said:

Honestly I would be fine if they moved Hurney to a position like Head of college scouting. Give him that and let him spend his time there.

Hire a GM that is forward thinking and knows how to pay for positional importance. 

Both your requests have basically already been met.

PS:  Check John Ellis's feed, he makes mention of it.

Archived