• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney Scks ...Got it.. How do we fix it

DaveThePanther2008

Just now, Toomers said:

You were also told by Ruhle himself that he wanted to win a SB with Cam. How did that work out for being the truth? 

Believing what coaches say in press conferences and to reporters is the worst way to find out the truth in anything. 

How many times already has Rhule propped up a player then cut/benched him shortly after. 

So the whole Rhule wanting to trade back in the first is a lie?

8 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Nowhere was it said mid round picks are not important. I said they are a crap shoot.

the last three drafts for the saints have yielded exactly two starters from mid rounds. That would be Kamala and Williams from the 2017 draft - which loos like the Saints did well. I would argue the Panthers 2017 draft was pretty strong as well - yielding Samuel, Moton, Elder, Armah and Butler. The 2018 New Orleans draft only has one player left on their roster (back up Smith) and 2019 also has one left on the roster (role player Gardner-Johnson)

Hardly an example of excellence in mid round player selection. The Saints mid round picks are a crap shoot........just like everyone else’s 

McCoy? 

And they used picks to move up and get Davenport who’s proving well worth it. 

And did well? Two of the best players at their positions is doing well? That’s adorable. 

And the 2017 draft was while Hurney was doing his radio show. So that isn’t relevant. 

Just now, Car123 said:

So the whole Rhule wanting to trade back in the first is a lie?

I don’t believe anything coaches say in public. 

Was all the teams comments on Cam a lie? How about all those nice things about players right before being cut? People only believe what they want to be true. 

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

McCoy? 

And they used picks to move up and get Davenport who’s proving well worth it. 

And did well? Two of the best players at their positions is doing well? That’s adorable. 

And the 2017 draft was while Hurney was doing his radio show. So that isn’t relevant. 

Missed McCoy. Yup he is a solid starter

Davenport is a first round pick - so not really relevant to the conversation we are having. But he is hardly playing like a first round pick. 1.5 sacks on the season. Yeah he’s a star 

outside of round one.....the Saints look just like every other team - including the Panthers. Most picks are off their roster. A handful are back up/role players. And they hit home runs with a few. 

not exactly draft excellence 

6 minutes ago, J.B. said:

Missed McCoy. Yup he is a solid starter

Davenport is a first round pick - so not really relevant to the conversation we are having. But he is hardly playing like a first round pick. 1.5 sacks on the season. Yeah he’s a star 

outside of round one.....the Saints look just like every other team - including the Panthers. Most picks are off their roster. A handful are back up/role players. And they hit home runs with a few. 

not exactly draft excellence 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/11/pro-football-focus-pressure-rate-saints-marcus-davenport-stats/amp/

Because he just got back this year. The above article seems to say different. 

So two of the best players at their positions(Kamara, Williams) a very good C(we passed on to use two picks on an obvious mistake), a Starting S(we passed on for a QB who will probably never play again) compared to Dontae Jackson and .........Gaulden, Little, Grier. Sure that’s even...lol. 

We could add Moton and Samuel but Hurney wasn’t around for that. 

43 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I don’t believe anything coaches say in public. 

Was all the teams comments on Cam a lie? How about all those nice things about players right before being cut? People only believe what they want to be true. 

Dude, that was a very specific quote and nothing like the traditional coach speak.

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Dude, that was a very specific quote and nothing like the traditional coach speak.

What’s the difference between a specific quote and “I want to win a Super Bowl with Cam”. Or “I thought Tahir played well” and then benched. 

Please explain how the difference? 

55 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You were also told by Ruhle himself that he wanted to win a SB with Cam. How did that work out for being the truth? 

Believing what coaches say in press conferences and to reporters is the worst way to find out the truth in anything. 

How many times already has Rhule propped up a player then cut/benched him shortly after. 

Do you have any proof that says the draft was all Rhule besides some Huddle posters? 

Why would the Panthers lie that Rhule wanted to trade down but was overruled by Hurney? Why

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What’s the difference between a specific quote and “I want to win a Super Bowl with Cam”. Or “I thought Tahir played well” and then benched. 

Please explain how the difference? 

Why tf do you keep bringing up Cam? This is about the draft.

Just now, Car123 said:

Do you have any proof that says the draft was all Rhule besides some Huddle posters? 

Why would the Panthers lie that Rhule wanted to trade down but was overruled by Hurney? Why

Scapegoat. Why else would Hurney even be there with his resume’.  Anything that goes wrong will be put on him. It’s common sense. You don’t pay 9M/yr to a guy to listen to a guy who has 3 playoff appearances in 14 years. 

And I said this before any FA signings or the draft. So Hurneys not responsible for the mistakes made this year either. Signing Teddy. Not cutting KK. Signing Boston. Is that not fair? 
People want to blame Hurney now because the alternative is admitting Rhule isn’t perfect. 

8 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Why tf do you keep bringing up Cam? This is about the draft.

Because this entire board went crazy when any suggested the Panthers would cut Cam and quoted that statement repeatedly as proof. Just like you have. Has Rhule not spoke well of players he cut shortly thereafter? Do you really believe coaches/GMs tell the truth to the public 100% of the time? Seriously? Or is it just the things you want to be true? 

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Because this entire board went crazy when any suggested the Panthers would cut Cam and quoted that statement repeatedly as proof. Just like you have. Has Rhule not spoke well of players he cut shortly thereafter? Do you really believe coaches/GMs tell the truth to the public 100% of the time? Seriously? Or is it just the things you want to be true? 

Was this Hurney’s or Rhule’s draft?

4 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Was this Hurney’s or Rhule’s draft?

Every decision since the day he was hired has been Rhule’s. How many different ways do you need to hear it. I’ve made it very clear and said so before ANY decisions were made this year. What’s the confusion? 

Archived