• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you think about Tyrell Sutton | #22 | RB

rey2009

His blocking was pretty good for being a makeshift fullback. He made the most out the few carries he had as well and didn't look bad in the open field. If he is still around next preseason we could see what else he can do in the running back role.

I as well but he should never be our primarary FB but he is good emergency depth. It would be interesting to rotate him in every once in a while and either run the ball to him or use him in that Fake FB handoff HB toss (my favorite play) that they used during this game. One time they ran it with Stewart at RB, if your going to run it how bout use the back with the most speed that is playing lights out instead of the power back that has a case of fumbilitis, idiots.

The runs to the outside with Stewart were making me mad. He wasn't doing anything with them, but getting stuffed for 3-5 yard losses, why keep running them with him?

Don't ya understand our philosophy? We run a play until the opponent makes an adjustment to stop it. Then we run it 4-5 more times.......just to make sure.

I must say I was shocked to see him lining up at fullback. The reason he went to Northwestern and not Ohio State/Michigan/Penn State was because he was undersized. He won Mr. Football Award in Ohio his senior year of high school. None of the big schools would give him a scholarship because of his size.

I thought he did an excellent job at fullback considering he is an inch shorter and 5lbs lighter than DWill (he's listed at 5'8" 213lbs). However, I think fullback should be left up to Hoover and Fiametta.

I would like to see Sutton worked into the running and passing game. I think we should incorporate more formations with two legit running threats on the field (any combo of williams/stewart/goodson/sutton). Sutton is also a very good receiver, he caught at least 30 passes every season at NU.

(I must note, I probably don't have the most objective opinion. Watching a guy play every saturday will do that to you. Even still, I think he is a legit threat and hope to see him on the field more in the future.)

Archived