• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shackling your quarterback

Mr. Scot

edit:

And I don't know that throwing him in now will do anything good for him.

Remember Weinke - IMO ruined by playing too soon on a bad team.

it isn't a bad team, though.

poorly called? yes.

much of the problems we have is due to having a QB that you can't trust and whose ceiling you have already hit. he is going downhill. why not try someone who has potential?

all he needs is a chance.

how bad was the team when jake stepped in?

Again if they are so bad why are they on the team?

What do you expect?

Moore is/was a third string Qb. So natrually your not going to have alot of talent there. . I mean what third string Qb out there is so talented?

He just happened to be a guy who's familiar with our sytem, so in short term emergencys he wont totally suck.

Nothing frustrates me more in life than sticking with something that continues to fail over and over. That is what Fox is doing with Jake. It's frustrating as hell. It makes you wonder if he does this samething with everything else in his life. Sometimes it even leaks into your own life since you're such a big fan then you catch yourself.

I think that by now it is obvious that Matt Moore is not going to get the start this season and it is not because Fox is overly loyal. We have boo-koos of info on why Moore is not starting. Its the same reason Deangelo didn't start right away, Johnson will start over Anderson on Sunday, and why Jarrett was stuck behind Moose until his injury.

I would say it is apparent to all the fans that all of the guys listed above are or were more talented than the guys in front of them on the DC. I would also think that Fox knows these guys all have the talent. However the one thing they all have/had in common was that they all lack a serious work ethic to succeed.

Deangelo admitted he didn't try as hard until Testeverde sat down and talked to him about commitment to the team. We all know that Jarrett has never shown the drive to "put forth the effort" in the little things. Moore, is most likely in the same boat.

I don't think Fox is the kind of coach that is going to give anybody a damn thing. We have some puzzle pieces that say Moore is not as committed as he should be and I don't think Fox is going to give the team to a guy who is just here. Moore has the tools but to Fox that doesn't mean you get to start.

Would I like to see Moore get a shot, sure. Is Fox going to give him one just because the fans want it even though Moore is not actively doing what he needs to to take over this team. No.

I don't know how much of this is ABSOLUTELY true. Fox is not trying to sink the season just so Jake can play. There is too much money on the line for him to do some dumb poo like that.

For everyone who thinks Fox is starting Jake because of pride over the contract. Don't you think Fox would be just as proud to be the coach that found 2 undrafted QB's that have NFL starter talent to lead his team. I think they wanted Moore to be The Guy but he isn't stepping up.

why not try, then?

what have we got to lose?

should we just lie down and be content to lose the whole season or just play around and try some new things?

i just don't understand the willingness to do nothing different....to just sit there and roll with the sucky status quo.

fox's whole "it is what it is" thing has brought complacency to the team and to a lot of the fan base.

We can still win and go to the playoffs? Obviously the chances are pretty thin, but where still in it.

Delhomme and this team were on the verge to beat one of if not the best team in the league at thier place. So you can logically assume that we can hang with most of the teams left on our schedule.

We cant not afford to lose more then one more game. With Moore coming in theres likely to be alot of intial rust and miscommuntaction. Hed proably be in a even more "shackled" offence then dlehomme, and rightfully so.

If we end up losing the season early, then sure. Theres no reason not to. But not while we stil have a chance

What do you expect?

Moore is/was a third string Qb. So natrually your not going to have alot of talent there. . I mean what third string Qb out there is so talented?

He just happened to be a guy who's familiar with our sytem, so in short term emergencys he wont totally suck.

And Delhomme is playing like a 3rd stringer so whats to lose?

What do you expect?

moore is currently listed as the #2 QB on the depth chart. and you didnt answer the question. if these guys are so bad that they cant come in for arguably the worst qb in the league, why would you want them for backups even if they know the playbook. if moore was so terrible why didnt we get rid of him last year? fox brought aj feeley in. if he is that terrible why even bring him in? you guys act as if fox never makes any mistakes, because "they watch them in practice every day". there are too many examples of "experts" saying one guy is a bust and he wont make it and those guys watch them every day in practice too and they turn out to be great. there are also examples of the reverse, guys saying he is the next best thing since sliced bread and they absolutely suck, and they watch them in practice too.

And Delhomme is playing like a 3rd stringer so whats to lose?

Because he's shown in the past seasons, and in this one that he can play at the very least, in a level that keeps us in game. Even though h'es done so inconsistenly

And that the coaching staff believes he our best chance to win, after watching Moore and Delhomme's hundreds of practises, so as said before I think its safe to say the coaching staff know who's better way better then we do.

I think that by now it is obvious that Matt Moore is not going to get the start this season and it is not because Fox is overly loyal. We have boo-koos of info on why Moore is not starting. Its the same reason Deangelo didn't start right away, Johnson will start over Anderson on Sunday, and why Jarrett was stuck behind Moose until his injury.

I would say it is apparent to all the fans that all of the guys listed above are or were more talented than the guys in front of them on the DC. I would also think that Fox knows these guys all have the talent. However the one thing they all have/had in common was that they all lack a serious work ethic to succeed.

Deangelo admitted he didn't try as hard until Testeverde sat down and talked to him about commitment to the team. We all know that Jarrett has never shown the drive to "put forth the effort" in the little things. Moore, is most likely in the same boat.

I don't think Fox is the kind of coach that is going to give anybody a damn thing. We have some puzzle pieces that say Moore is not as committed as he should be and I don't think Fox is going to give the team to a guy who is just here. Moore has the tools but to Fox that doesn't mean you get to start.

Would I like to see Moore get a shot, sure. Is Fox going to give him one just because the fans want it even though Moore is not actively doing what he needs to to take over this team. No.

I don't know how much of this is ABSOLUTELY true. Fox is not trying to sink the season just so Jake can play. There is too much money on the line for him to do some dumb poo like that.

For everyone who thinks Fox is starting Jake because of pride over the contract. Don't you think Fox would be just as proud to be the coach that found 2 undrafted QB's that have NFL starter talent to lead his team. I think they wanted Moore to be The Guy but he isn't stepping up.

What are these pieces to the puzzle you speak of?:confused:

fox has been jakes boy since the beginning. if mcnabb a way better qb than jake can get bench for a bad performance why cant jake? is he that untouchable? him and hurney made that decision to extend delhomme after the worst qb performance in a playoff. 5year $20 mil gar. him and hurney also never made a attempt to even get a qb to even challenge him. greenbay did it and they had a legend at the helm. they never used a pick higher than a 4th on a qb. funny we want to be like the steelers, but the steelers keep going because they know when to get rid of vets before they decline.

:frown2: People, we can not turn into the Tampa Bay Bucs or Cleveland Browns. And that's what you're asking for. Those teams have given up. There is some reason why Fox & Davidson won't start Moore. Some reason that they aren't sharing and rightfully so. "You play to win the game." I'm not saying one is better than the other because I don't know. Do I want them to start Moore just so fans can see how he plays? Hell no. I want them to start whoever they feel will help us win the game. I still have faith in our coaches.

Could it be better? Yes. Could it be worse? Yes. And thank God that I don't have to make the decision.

Because he's shown in the past seasons, and in this one that he can play at the very least, in a level that keeps us in game. Even though h'es done so inconsistenly

And that the coaching staff believes he our best chance to win, after watching Moore and Delhomme's hundreds of practises, so as said before I think its safe to say the coaching staff know who's better way better then we do.

Past Past Past. F**k the past! He has not at all played at a level to keep us in the game this year. None. Zip. The past 2 games we ran the ball 98% just to keep it out of his hands because before then when they gave him the chance, he'd hinder this team so badly. Im so sick and tired of people relying on the past to justify why to keep something thats failing in the present.

:frown2: People, we can not turn into the Tampa Bay Bucs or Cleveland Browns. And that's what you're asking for. Those teams have given up. There is some reason why Fox & Davidson won't start Moore. Some reason that they aren't sharing and rightfully so. "You play to win the game." I'm not saying one is better than the other because I don't know. Do I want them to start Moore just so fans can see how he plays? Hell no. I want them to start whoever they feel will help us win the game. I still have faith in our coaches.

Could it be better? Yes. Could it be worse? NO And thank God that I don't have to make the decision.

FIXED

Fox isn't playing the best player. He's starting Jake because everyone else on the offense still supports him and to justify giving him the contract in the offseason. Those are the only reasons why Fox will not start Moore. Fox showed Sunday that he doesn't trust Jake at all. He went with the run just about all game. If a coach doesn't trust his QB that much, its time for a change and Fox wont make the change.

Archived