• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shackling your quarterback

Mr. Scot

My biggest problem with Jake's play yesterday was that we were moving the ball down the field on the next to last series of downs throwing short and medium range passes. We had plenty of time. In fact, imo we needed to ensure we scored and used all the clock in order to ensure New Orleans did not get the ball back. So instead of doing what was working, we threw to deep passes and both were incomplete. Even if we had completed the Smith pass, we likely would have scored too quick and still lost when New Orleans took it back the other way.

My biggest problem with Jake's play yesterday was that we were moving the ball down the field on the next to last series of downs throwing short and medium range passes. We had plenty of time. In fact, imo we needed to ensure we scored and used all the clock in order to ensure New Orleans did not get the ball back. So instead of doing what was working, we threw to deep passes and both were incomplete. Even if we had completed the Smith pass, we likely would have scored too quick and still lost when New Orleans took it back the other way.

And that's Jake's fault, of course. Everything that goes wrong is.

Agreed, At this point whats the difference between starting Moore or Shackling Delhomme.

I was thinking about something similar today, what's the difference between shackling Delhomme or starting Rodney Peete. We're basically back where we were at the position. As for Moore, it would be quite different I believe.

Archived