• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QBs at the top of the 2nd round of the NFL Draft

rey2009

Jevan Snead is a joke. He really might still be around in the 7th round.

Jonathan Crompton's numbers are even far superior to Snead's...and he's got a better team around him.

Crompton is one of those guys who I really like but don't know how he'll do since he's only really had this year. My big worry with him is his completion percentage and how badly he started the season this year... He's been hoving at or around the 50% mark all season long in almost every game with the exception of 3, and that's a big red flag for a lot of scouts.

Fox isn't going to draft a QB.

We should make a trade for Jason Campbell, or pick him up if the new CBA goes through.

Hopefully Fox will not be here next year and the new HC will be a lot more offensive minded,seeing the need for a QB for the future,even if we get a free agent one in the offseason.

Bradford, McCoy, Locker, and Claussen will likely all be in the first round.

Pike, Snead, and The Golden Calf of Bristol will be the only decent QBs by second round. And I'm not high on pike at all, especially with recent ongoing injuries. Sneed looks bad so far. Ponder is done for the season I believe as of now, so he probably won't be in the draft.

Campbell is NOT the answer though, he cannot read defenses at all, has no decision making ability and he doesn't have the other intangibles you really want in a QB.

funny he had all of those last years before his offensive line imploded. This year he's getting sacked while taking three step drops. He's also a terrible fit for the bastard WCO they run in Washington. and shut up about intangibles that's the dumbest thing to say in the world. "hurf I don't like his intangibles hurf" = "I'm reeeeeeeeaaaccccchhinnnnnggg"

Furthermore, if you think the Panthers receiver situation is bad, let me introduce you to the washington redskins

Crompton is one of those guys who I really like but don't know how he'll do since he's only really had this year. My big worry with him is his completion percentage and how badly he started the season this year... He's been hoving at or around the 50% mark all season long in almost every game with the exception of 3, and that's a big red flag for a lot of scouts.

A lot of folks around here think he should be drafted, but I just hope it's not by Carolina. His completion percentage is 60% right now. He's got 21 TDs and 10 INTs. He's playing well for us right now, but I've also seen him play like the worst QB of all time (on any level) for a while too.

Make no mistake about it, his success is all coaching. Kiffin has finally figured out how to use Crompton, which doesn't mean that JC is so much better all of a sudden, it just means that Kiffin is a good coach.

Crompton might get picked up late if he continues to play like he has been lately, but he'll never play in the league.

funny he had all of those last years before his offensive line imploded. This year he's getting sacked while taking three step drops. He's also a terrible fit for the bastard WCO they run in Washington. and shut up about intangibles that's the dumbest thing to say in the world. "hurf I don't like his intangibles hurf" = "I'm reeeeeeeeaaaccccchhinnnnnggg"

Furthermore, if you think the Panthers receiver situation is bad, let me introduce you to the washington redskins

They've had one of the easiest schedules in the entire league and against some of the worst defenses, and yet he can't make plays. He gets sacked because he holds onto the ball too long, although his line is partially to blame for that. He's never had terribly good decision making and he lacks the ability to make pre-snap reads.

You say they have bad receivers but Moss and Randle El aren't bad and there is this guy I'm not sure you've heard about, his name is Chris Cooley.

Take a look at Campbell's first half stats (when the opposing defense hasn't loosened up playing with a lead): 69 of 113 61.1% 6.7ypa 2td 6int and a 64.7qbr

They've had one of the easiest schedules in the entire league and against some of the worst defenses, and yet he can't make plays. He gets sacked because he holds onto the ball too long, although his line is partially to blame for that. He's never had terribly good decision making and he lacks the ability to make pre-snap reads.

name one player on their offensive line without looking.

You say they have bad receivers but Moss and Randle El aren't bad

lol no they're awful

and there is this guy I'm not sure you've heard about, his name is Chris Cooley.

overrated because of who he plays for.

Take a look at Campbell's first half stats (when the opposing defense hasn't loosened up playing with a lead): 69 of 113 61.1% 6.7ypa 2td 6int and a 64.7qbr

have you watched them play this year? honest to god, jesus christ himself couldn't succeed behind the redskins line. you're insane if you think his play is an indictment of him.

Archived