• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nfl.com mock

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, saX man said:

They're doing that thing where they hype up the other top talent at the same position and wanting clicks/to be cute. 

I see the peaches between the leaches.

I think it's also they are actually hearing from scouts that don't consider him to be as surefire of a pick as other scouts do. 

4 hours ago, DeSim said:

I don't think it's to be cute, I think these draft insiders might actually be getting these opinions (Rashawn Slater being better than Penei) from actual people in front offices around the NFL, they (front office people) throw it out there knowing it's completely false hoping it lets Penei Sewell to drop to them, if some other team bites on the hype and selects Slater first.  Even though is obvious to many that Penei is the better talent, teams still attempt that strategy hoping it works, doesn't hurt to try.  Happens for many other players as well.

bruh,

teams spend a lot of money and time doing their own evaluations. what other teams say isn't going to affect their own evaluations/scouting. 

panthers will have their own big board. 

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

I don’t get this thinking since Lance won’t be available late first. Jones and Mond aren’t going to be good QBs in the NFL. Mond  looked awful at times in the Senior Bowl. Having a good LT is meaningless if we have another Teddy or worse. Maybe we take Sewell if we don’t like the QBs at 8, but trading up for Jones or wasting a day 2 pick on Mond is a terrible idea. If we get our future QB at 8, we can draft 2-3 more OL and more in 2022 and have a really solid OL when they are ready and let Teddy get clobbered this year.

you nor anyone can say for certain how any player much less QB will turn out. 

Lawrence could be a total bust while Jones could end up in the hall of fame. 

56 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

bruh,

teams spend a lot of money and time doing their own evaluations. what other teams say isn't going to affect their own evaluations/scouting. 

panthers will have their own big board. 

You’d be surprised, constantly hearing a different opinion by many people can make someone have second thoughts and question themselves.  It might not always work or no one might bite but like I said, it does not hurt to try.  It’s a strategy that has been mentioned in the past by people in front offices. 

29 minutes ago, DeSim said:

You’d be surprised, constantly hearing a different opinion by many people can make someone have second thoughts and question themselves.  It might not always work or no one might bite but like I said, it does not hurt to try.  It’s a strategy that has been mentioned in the past by people in front offices. 

they mention those things not to alter another teams evals/scouting reports but to make them think another team might value or not value a player which can influence trades. 

its not to alter another teams evals/scouting reports. those will remain constant.