• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La Canfora on Tepper's desire for Watson/franchise QB

top dawg

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

It feels like someone is going to use this to their advantage and rob us absolutely blind.

Good at least we are trying and not staying with Teddy turd water to just keep losing. I mean we ain’t going nowhere with him or all the guys after Lawrence. I’m sorry but I’m not trading all these picks for 3rd best qb. Jets will draft Wilson so yeah it will be 3rd best.

• Poo 2

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

According to Spotrac the remaining 5-years left on his contract are worth $146,540,000...unless he pulls a sudden retirement I'd expect he would earn all of it.

Can they?  Not if ownership chooses not to let them do so...there's those pesky contracts you know 😉 

The NFL isn't other sports and their CBA is by far the strongest of all sports --- I am certain the NFL owners do not want to see their league disappear into the same rathole the NBA has fallen into. 

I only pay attention to the guaranteed money with contracts like that.   It was 110 when he signed the deal.   And he already played a year of the deal.     

I know owners don't want to see this stuff come to the NFL.  But it is, in some fashion.   Again, times change.  Players have power now and are aware of it.   They will wield it more and more.  NFL might not become the NBA but it want avoid a version coming to the NFL. 

Just now, CRA said:

I only pay attention to the guaranteed money with contracts like that.   It was 110 when he signed the deal.  

I know owners don't want to see this stuff come to the NFL.  But it is, in some fashion.  

Players have power now and are aware of it.   They will wield it more and more. 

NFL might not become the NBA but it want avoid a version coming to the NFL. 

I assure you Deshaun intends to collect all $146,540,000.

Not if the owners don't let it.

Players rights collectively are defined by the CBA which was ratified about a year ago, and individually by their respective contracts.  Neither of those grant DW any sort of special "power" to "wield" over ownership or the NFL.

If the owners hold players to their contracts nothing changes.

• Poo 1