• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers give Teddy permission to seek a trade

11 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

What happens when Brady leaves? Darnold regresses back to being a bad QB?

Well he would have to progress to being a good QB first, but yes in their narrative our system and superior coaching will transform him into a SB winning franchise QB. Otherwise there is no good reason to bring him here and lose a 2nd, 4th, and 6th. For what? A backup? A one season and dump wing and a prayer? No. They're thinking Super Bowl winning QB in our system with our coaching. And what happens when Brady leaves? They think they'll find another talented OC with a superior system.

This is generally not how the NFL works. A QB who is bad for three seasons, has a weird hitch in his throw, and tosses interceptions like the t-shirt cannon guy is not going to (generally speaking) transform into Mr. Franchise Super Bowl winner. Can it happen? Yes. Is it likely? No. I'd like a crack at Kate Upton, but let's be realistic. It's not happening unless I win the lottery.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Update: Multiple teams interested in Bridgewater as a backup; Bridgewater may help facilitate trade by reworking his salary

Also of note, Rapoport indicates Bridgewater was given permission to seek a trade before the deal for Sam Darnold actually went through.

Horse hockey of the highest order...

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Update: Multiple teams interested in Bridgewater as a backup; Bridgewater may help facilitate trade by reworking his salary

Also of note, Rapoport indicates Bridgewater was given permission to seek a trade before the deal for Sam Darnold actually went through.

Something is telling me he will either be:

First in line: New England/Saints

Second: Rams, Titans, Seahawks, Vikings

Sleeper: Redskins

I have to admit him in New England would be interesting. Seems like a Belichick move. 

Him getting trade permission before the Donald signing says a lot about how he was viewed by the organization. Also makes me think we may STILL pick a QB at #8, but I could very well be reaching. I just don't know how you pass up Sewell if he is there.

Hell if we could come out of this draft with Sewell AND Tevin Jenkins our Oline would suddenly become nasty. 

On 4/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, Peon Awesome said:

It would be moronic if we rush into cutting Teddy. For one, there's a chance a high profile starting qb for a competitive team will get injured sometime before the start of the season leaving Teddy as one of the few available qbs that could keep them afloat. Envision a team like Seattle losing Russell Wilson or Tom Brady's body finally breaking down in Tampa. You think those teams wouldn't throw a late round 2022 pick, especially if we restructure Teddy's contract to take some of the hit off them? Why eat $10 million extra and forfeit the chance at any pick at all unless you absolutely have to? Hell, I'd wait at the very least until the final cuts for the 53 before considering it.

So if Sam gets injured...

images (2).jpeg

2022 Huddle, "Sam was hurt all year give him one more year he started off...."

Edited by CPsinceDay1