• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets had an earlier offer on the table

NAS

On 4/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, NAS said:

New coach + new GM + new QB = cautious optimism. 

I also only started the clock on Tepper when he hired Rhule. Two years prior was just a learning curve and inherited a mess of an organization from top to bottom.

Stop being so rational.  It's not a good look here in the Huddle...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 hours ago, trueblade said:

I think we're missing the bigger takeaway from this story. Kyle Shanahan is considered by many to be a pretty good offensive mind. I guess it's a good sign that he thinks Darnold can improve enough to offer his first round pick. 

This might also be why the Jets wanted a first round pick for Darnold initially. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sam-darnold-rumors-49ers-offered-first-rounder-to-jets-prior-to-trade-with-panthers-per-report/?fbclid=IwAR2itVFVVzC0S9bY34EMJ6w8sw8EMkgpLvYzLZjlr-jxgy39d7ZrTZGxmf4

Yep. This is my takeaway as well. Shanny is considered a QB guru who’s in win-now mode and he considered Darnold worthy of giving up his 12th overall...

Give him weapons and he’s going to be a steal. Sewell, Pitts, or Chase with Darnold is going to make this a top 5 offense. 

• Pie 1