• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricanes @ Panthers 4/22-4/24 Final Two

17 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

No. But his foot hit a divet or something and his ankle bent BAD. Think Svech against Chara. I’m thinking probably high ankle sprain. 

yikes

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

4 people in the box?! Any more and there won’t be any room. 

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

It took 4 of us in the box for them to get a PP goal. Lolz. 

Lmao radio cut out for a minute...

What the hell did I miss?!?

• Pie 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• rS4JsDRW_400x400.jpg

• Topics

• From the article... Coach Matt Rhule said he wasn’t concerned with Thomas’ drops. (cough) bullsh-t (cough)
    • Quoting from today's presser via The Athletic... “We have purposely taken the approach of developing Sam – and all of our quarterbacks this spring – as a drop-back passer and put a lot on them,” said Rhule, the Panthers’ second-year coach. “More than most teams will probably do with a quarterback – more than probably the coaches are comfortable with. “But for me it’s about just putting so much on those guys — not giving them a bunch of easy plays where they can go out and feel confident and look good,” Rhule added. “Our defense is giving us a lot of different looks. So I want to stretch those guys and see what they do well and then we can be more targeted in training camp and into the season.” The first part of that statement interests me, specifically the part about developing their quarterbacks as "drop back passers". Neither Bridgewater nor Darnold would rightly be seen as big run threats (neither are statues either, but still). And of course, the team passed on drafting a quarterback who was. It makes me wonder if Rhule and/or Brady aren't necessarily concerned with superior athleticism at the quarterback position. You'll note he talks a lot about mental preparation here, but physical...not so much. Arguing against that idea though is the fact that the team seems extremely interested in athleticism at pretty much every other position. With that said though, there are plenty of successful teams whose quarterbacks aren't amazing athletes (including the one that captured last year's Super Bowl trophy). So is this an indicator of Rhule's QB philosophy or just an emphasis they have right now?
    • We don’t need to pay monk anything big, that’s for sure and we always need shooters