• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The evolution to being a perennial winner.

musicman

1 hour ago, frankw said:

We hear that most years though don't we? The hype is always there. There was the too close to call dilemma of 2011. You just never know. Recent super bowl winning quarterbacks like Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson have had a softening effect on some really ugly qb classes the last twenty years or so.

I don’t think so.  Some classes are hyped for being WR centric at the top or DE heavy or whatever.   

Prospects are just that.  Prospects.  But this was a good QB class in terms of QBs prospects.  

Having a Lawrence and a Fields in the same draft is kinda rare in itself.   Then in add Wilson, Lance, Jones.  5 in the top half of the first?   Teams have been starved at QB for a long time so I don’t think you can chalk it up to that.   I just think this was a strong overall class with good diversity.   

10 hours ago, CRA said:

Hurney and Nippleshorts were both praised as great at one time too though in Carolina….

I never thought either were great, but they both had their strengths. Hurney could hit in the first. Its damn near all he could do. His biggest flaw was his lack of vision for the franchise. Nippleshorts could rock a budget and find those FA bargains to fill the team. His ego left a lot of damage in its wake. I dont know where Fitts will land but I can at least see some of the team building. 

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I never thought either were great, but they both had their strengths. Hurney could hit in the first. Its damn near all he could do. His biggest flaw was his lack of vision for the franchise. Nippleshorts could rock a budget and find those FA bargains to fill the team. His ego left a lot of damage in its wake. I dont know where Fitts will land but I can at least see some of the team building. 

Marty was good early.  It all fell apart when the lockout talk hit.  Contracts and it all fell about for him.