• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

9 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Fact of the matter is the league is filled with stories of players making a move and improving.  Google it yourself.   You will probably rule out the stories for some stupid reason or another...he played too long, he wasn't AS bad...it was another team besides the jets...he wasn't top 3... he had different hair color...

IT. DOESN'T.  MATTER.  The dataset is to small and unique to make inferences.   

The jets sucked.  It wasn't all Darnold.  This fall we will find out how much.

That you Billy Mumphrey?

😉😂

Edited by SizzleBuzz

Yeah I mean Alex Smith looked like crap his first three years. He really didn’t take off until Harbaugh became the coach and then again with Andy Reid and the Chiefs. The right staff and system can do wonders for a QB. Troy Aikman and Brett Favre had shitty years they’re first 3 as well. The fact is Darnold is only been in the league 3 years, we little help, and terrible coaching. He is still a big question mark at this point who has bad habits of trying to make something out of nothing (like Favre early in his career). 

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I mean Alex Smith looked like crap his first three years.

Troy Aikman and Brett Favre had shitty years they’re first 3 as well.

Favre was 26-19 his first 3 seasons...a far cry from "not good" and "only failed".  

Neither Smith nor Aikman was given up on and cast aside such that they had to go play somewhere else...

...still looking. 

4 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Favre was 26-19 his first 3 seasons...a far cry from "not good" and "only failed".  

Neither Smith nor Aikman was given up on and cast aside such that they had to go play somewhere else...

...still looking. 

Favre only played in 33 games his first 3 seasons so let’s check your math. Sat most of his rookie year and only played in 2 games with barely any snaps. His third season he has 19 TDs and 24 INTs with a 60% completion and 72 rating (I’ll be damned the same rating as Darnold in year 3).
Like I was saying these players struggled their first 3 years, the Jets brought in a new staff and wanted to get a new face at 2, so they traded Darnold for draft capital. Let’s be honest the Jets haven’t been the best decision makers lately.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/112/brett-favre

There you go buddy you can read it there without trying to correct people.

18 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...still looking. 

Smith's first year he threw 1 TD and 9 Interceptions in 9 games.  Darnold never came close to that level of suck.

Smith's second year he was 16td 16 ints.  Smiths 3rd year, only the Jets' Kellen Clemens had a poorer passer rating than Smiths 57.2.  Over 3 years he was worse than Darnold.

Smith sucked.  The 9ers kept him.  If he was on the jets, they would have traded him.

Please explain why its crucial that the franchise be so moronic to trade away the 1st round picks every couple years for it to be a valid example of a combeback quarterback.

Edited by SBBlue

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Smith's first year he threw 1 TD and 9 Interceptions in 9 games.  Darnold never came close to that level of suck.

Smith's second year he was 16td 16 ints.  Smiths 3rd year, only the Jets' Kellen Clemens had a poorer passer rating than Smiths 57.2.  Over 3 years he was worse than Darnold.

Smith sucked.  The 9ers kept him.  If he was on the jets, they would have traded him.

Please explain why its crucial that the franchise be so moronic to trade away the 1st round picks every couple years for it to be a valid example of a combeback quarterback.

He has to be a troll from another fan page. Every now and then he will post something half decent to make me question it, but I’m certain he is a bitter Falcons fan or something like that...

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Teddy looks awesome by comparison...

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Favre only played in 33 games his first 3 seasons so let’s check your math. Sat most of his rookie year and only played in 2 games with barely any snaps. His third season he has 19 TDs and 24 INTs with a 60% completion and 72 rating (I’ll be damned the same rating as Darnold in year 3).
Like I was saying these players struggled their first 3 years, the Jets brought in a new staff and wanted to get a new face at 2, so they traded Darnold for draft capital. Let’s be honest the Jets haven’t been the best decision makers lately.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/112/brett-favre

There you go buddy you can read it there without trying to correct people.

Favre didn't play year-1...

...started 45 games next 3 years...went 26-19  

Starts are what counts. 

356E8B75-5C19-43A5-B84B-9A2D85729ACE.png

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Favre didn't play year-1...

...started 45 games next 3 years...went 26-19  356E8B75-5C19-43A5-B84B-9A2D85729ACE.thumb.png.3fa869b1d8c5fae822d4ab80c995cd62.png

Starts are what counts. 

He had the luxury of sitting a year and still played just as bad his first 2. First 3 years is what I posted, sorry your comprehension was off, but that doesn’t change the data I provided. Darnold has been injured and missed 10 games over the past 3 years. That’s over half a season. I’m just looking at where these players are at by the end of year 3. 

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He had the luxury of sitting a year and still played just as bad his first 2. 

Darnold has been injured and missed 10 games over the past 3 years. That’s over half a season. 

Brett began his career with 3 straight winning seasons as a starting QB...there is nothing "bad" about that. 

Is Sam injury prone?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Brett began his career with 3 straight winning seasons as a starting QB...there is nothing "bad" about that. 

Is Sam injury prone?

Everyone is prone to injury behind the jets oline.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1