Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Central Division Finals Carolina Hurricanes vs Tampa Bay Lightning


Recommended Posts

I don't think I'll be able to watch tonight due to a prior engagement, but I think they could pull one out on the road. Accomplishing that without Trocheck or Nino is a tall order, especially since a couple of the top liners have gone cold.

At this point I'm looking at UFAs who can help this team take the last step or toward becoming a legitimate, annual contender. I'd be very surprised if Dougie stays. The Canes could easily pay a blue-liner and the replacement for whomever The Kraken takes in the expansion draft, so I don't expect he'll get an $8M offer here. 

Not to mention they need to find a way to pay for goalies:

image.png.ec7bc0f71fcadb40a9c849455b751b50.png

I'm not disappointed with the team. They're young and they're set to be a very good team for many years with an outstanding coach and good leadership from the "C" and "A". They had a great season, for what it was. Let's not forget it was 24 fewer games than a full season and they only played their division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

They had a great season, for what it was. Let's not forget it was 24 fewer games than a full season and they only played their division.

mitsubishi business time GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Snake said:

I can't say I'm optimistic. I want this but we just haven't had the fire we did in the regular season.

It's youth, inexperience and a lot of it was not quite sure how to pace yourself thru a shortened season. An 80-game season allows you to juggle lineups, rest players here and there and get ready for a push at the end of the season. A short season against your own division made every game important and, from the looks of the playoff teams right now, the veteran teams with veteran coaches were able to navigate this mess pretty well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's youth, inexperience and a lot of it was not quite sure how to pace yourself thru a shortened season. An 80-game season allows you to juggle lineups, rest players here and there and get ready for a push at the end of the season. A short season against your own division made every game important and, from the looks of the playoff teams right now, the veteran teams with veteran coaches were able to navigate this mess pretty well. 

Except the Avs who I believe is the youngest team in the league, they were looking good last year, this year they’re on a whole nother level.  

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Except the Avs who I believe is the youngest team in the league, they were looking good last year, this year they’re on a whole nother level.  

They're coming back to earth. They only scored 3 goals last night.

😂

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...