• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Best Music Videos of All Time

PanthersATL

6 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-music-videos-1194411/

I'm okay with Johnny Cash's placement on this list.

I really don’t even want to read the list cause I know 99% of the best music videos aren’t going to be on it. 

Like loser is only 74? You’re joking. And there’s no way I’m putting nobody speak at 20. I love DJ Shadow. His live sets are unbelievable. But that’s a mid sixties at best. 

Edited by Harbingers

Beyoncé at number one? Fug off. Gold(Chet faker) and Lonely Boy(weren’t even on the list, unless I missed them). That’s a big fat steaming pile of crap. And they went paranoid Android over creep? When they have that big steaming pile of crap that is 80’s concert videos? 

Nah, this list ain’t doing it.  

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Stop making sense didn’t even get an honorable mention? What the actual fug. 

If you're talking the movie, it wouldn't qualify. And yes, it's fantastic -- -so is American Utopia (avail on HBOmax)

With MTV celebrating their 40th anniversary this past weekend, a music video list is timely.

Just now, PanthersATL said:

If you're talking the movie, it wouldn't qualify. And yes, it's fantastic -- -so is American Utopia (avail on HBOmax)

With MTV celebrating their 40th anniversary this past weekend, a music video list is timely.

Stop making sense was the OG music video. That’s why I say it should be on there. 

Along these same lines..... sort of.....

I bought tickets, flights and a hotel for a couple days to go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction at the Rocket Mortgage Arena in Cleveland at the end of October.

The inductees: Tina Turner, Carole King, Foo Fighters, JayZ, LLCoolJ, Randy Rhoades, Gil Scott-Heron, Go-Go's, Todd Rundgren, Kraftwerk, Charley Patton, Billy Preston.

Tina likely will not attend as she's been in pretty poor health of late and lives in Switzerland. Foo Fighters will kill, as will Carole, JayZ, LLCoolJ, the Go-Go's and Todd. Will be interested to see who plays tribute to Billy Preston and Randy Rhoades?

Bouncing off @Harbingers comment earlier:

What are the best CONCERT (or Concert Adjacent) FILMS?

• STOP MAKING SENSE - still the best

Then, I think there's everything else...   No particular order, but here are some I've enjoyed
  • AMERICAN UTOPIA - for a David Byrne followup, it's terrific too
  • PETER GABRIEL SECRET WORLD LIVE - Mostly material from his SO and UP albums.
  • BIG EASY EXPRESS - Mumford, Old Crow, and Edward Sharpe (lots of behind-the-scenes footage too)
  • SHAKIRA IN CONCERT: EL DORADO WORLD TOUR - really appreciated the behind-the-scenes pieces that showed how much work goes into producing a big tour
  • I've heard good things about the PINK documentary, but haven't watched it yet
  • WOODSTOCK (the original one)
  • GREEN DAY - BULLET IN A BIBLE

there are more

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/concert-movies/the-best-concert-films-of-all-time/

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, PanthersATL said:

Bouncing off @Harbingers comment earlier:

What are the best CONCERT (or Concert Adjacent) FILMS?

• STOP MAKING SENSE - still the best

Then, I think there's everything else...   No particular order, but here are some I've enjoyed
  • AMERICAN UTOPIA - for a David Byrne followup, it's terrific too
  • PETER GABRIEL SECRET WORLD LIVE - Mostly material from his SO and UP albums.
  • BIG EASY EXPRESS - Mumford, Old Crow, and Edward Sharpe (lots of behind-the-scenes footage too)
  • SHAKIRA IN CONCERT: EL DORADO WORLD TOUR - really appreciated the behind-the-scenes pieces that showed how much work goes into producing a big tour
  • I've heard good things about the PINK documentary, but haven't watched it yet
  • WOODSTOCK (the original one)
  • GREEN DAY - BULLET IN A BIBLE

there are more

https://www.pastemagazine.com/music/concert-movies/the-best-concert-films-of-all-time/

The Last Waltz. The Band's last concert filmed by Martin Scorcese on Thanksgiving Day 1976 in the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco.

A small sample of the guests who played.... Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Dr. John, Muddy Waters, The Staples Singers, Emmylou Harris, Paul Butterfield, Ringo Starr.... etc... 

I was there.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

The Last Waltz. The Band's last concert filmed by Martin Scorcese on Thanksgiving Day 1976 in the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco.

A small sample of the guests who played.... Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Dr. John, Muddy Waters, The Staples Singers, Emmylou Harris, Paul Butterfield, Ringo Starr.... etc... 

I was there.

You lucky son of a devil. I’ve been going over the list with friends, there is so much they missed. Things I didn’t even think of but snubbing the gorillaz is probably the biggest thing on the entire list.