• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Martin or Smith?

rko396

you want an LB draft an LB...i.e. Davis.... it was starting to pay off till the injury.

yeah, it eventually was starting to workout with Davis......he is an exception. B/c of Davis, I think it gave Fox too much confidence in converting guys as they see fit.

If you have a need, draft that need. Don't tinker with guys at new positions when you need impact players right away.

Seems to me they drafted a smart football player with natural ball hawking skills. Regardless that they wanted to make a CB out of him, they drafted a good player, and he is making an impact.

Exactly, and the only reason that most people were against picking Martin, is that ole helmet head and the other draft gurus never mentioned his name, while they talked about Sean Smith all the time. People have to realize though, that the guys that do this stuff for a living know a hell of a lot more than any fan will ever know about these draft prospects...especially the guys from small schools that don't play on TV every week. There is this little thing called game film that none of us have access too, but Hurney and Fox do.

BTW, it's not a foregone conclusion that Godfrey is a bust either. Maybe watching a few games from the sidelines will be the kick in the ass that he needs to get his career going. For all we know, this time next year, Godfrey could be the starting safety again and Martin could be playing CB. You just never know.

Archived