• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How NFC Championship drop led to Panthers' Darnold-Arnold combo

SBBlue

How NFC Championship drop led to Panthers' Darnold-Arnold combo - Carolina Panthers Blog- ESPN

r894011_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&sc

"NFL career that could have ended in New Orleans after he let a touchdown pass slip through his hands in the first quarter of the NFC Championship Game following the 2018 regular season....

But Arnold remembers it for a missed opportunity that made the former Division III wide receiver a target on social media; that impacted him so negatively, he wouldn’t look at the play for almost two months and almost gave up football....

“But the most important thing I did in my mind was finally say, 'I’m going to watch this play, learn from it, see what I did wrong and I’m not going to let that define the rest of my career.' That was kind of like the flip."

It was at that moment Arnold decided, “I’m going to be a player in this league."...

Darnold to Arnold, baby!’’ Darnold said when asked about the combination during Friday’s FanFest...

Arnold is here in part because tight end Ian Thomas never materialized as a receiver after being selected in the fourth round in 2018, in part because offensive coordinator Joe Brady developed a relationship with Arnold during their two seasons (2017-18) in New Orleans, and in part because of what Rhule saw in Arnold last season at Arizona.

The four catches for 39 yards in the 31-21 loss to Carolina provided Rhule with a glimpse of what Arnold could be.

Now Rhule gets a glimpse of that every day, witnessing the skills that helped Arnold set a UW-Platteville record his final season with 65 catches for 1,176 yards and 16 touchdowns.

• Pie 1