• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pivotal Game on a short week

hepcat

I am very wary of this game on Thursday. It has the potential to either make or break the season. The past couple weeks, the Panthers have seen an increasing number of injuries, some top players out for the season (Davis, Gross). A number of others have missed significant time (Godfrey, Muhammad, Hoover, Rosario). Is this injury trend going to continue, especially because of the short week?

If the Panthers can get through this game injury free and manage to WIN, I would be excited about the rest of the season. But I have this worry, that with the trend we've seen recently about injuries, might catch up to the restless Panthers. Here's to an injury free game!

Injuries happen and you can't predict them or avoid them. Many are fluke plays like Gross's injury on Sunday. Short weeks don't cause them. All we can do is try and create whatever depth we can and hope guys step up to fill the holes when players go down. We have a chance to win the next 3 games and get above 500. Hopefully we don't have any more season ending injuries but the bottom line is that's football.

Its a short week for them too. They are facing injuries to key players as well. If they (the team) want it bad enough..........they will go take it. The Phins want it...........I assure you, and they aren't gonna give it to us. We are gonna have to take every game from here on out by desire, force of will, and the determination to dictate the game to every foe .........every game if we want to be successful. We have to set the level of intensity. If they match it.........we take it up two nothces. Its all about heart from here on out. That and the coaches have to start playing and planning to win, and stop playing not to lose. We have to bury our opponents. We've been in position to do that, but we decided to play prevent defense, and offense. Attack damnit........ATTACK!!!!!c!

Two 4-5 teams with great running games, decent defenses, critical injuries and unfamiliar with each other. We need the win a bit more than them I'd say(seeing as he NFCS is NO's) and we have home field advantage. This will be a game where the little things count. ST and turnovers will determine the winner.

Archived