• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5-2 ?

VA BEACH PANTHER

I don't really think that we're going to play well enough to make the playoffs at this point, I don't think that 9-7 will get us a Wild Card. 10-6 might though, so we'll have to finish 6-1 from this point. Possible, but unlikely. As stated above, we have been in an improving mode of late and turnovers will be a key in each game. If we have 2 or less turnovers in every game, then we have a shot at the playoffs.

That being said ... if we somehow do manage to get into the playoffs ... especially if by some miracle we win out ... we'll be so surprisingly hot that we will be the team that nobody wants to play.

It's no schtick, and I don't give a damn if you think it's old. Put me on ignore if it makes you feel better. I've supported the team through thick and thin, and don't mind calling out the whiners and crybabies a bit.

Do whatever the hell you want. But if you want to insult the team I love, or pull for them to lose, then don't bitch when I bitch back.

That's great that you pull for the team through thick and thin. I see no problem with that. I also see no problem with the person that wants to state their negative opinion. They have the same right the you have.

All I am saying is that you are not the Panthers authority on being a fan. Let everyone enjoy/bitch/praise/complain the Panhers however they want.

Why are the eternal optimist's opinions getting old while the negative pessimists's aren't? If everyone else has the right to their opinion so does he. If he wants to vent anger and make personal attacks, how is that different from most everyone else over the past several weeks? If you tell him that it is tough if he doesn't like someone else's opinion then isn't it tough if you don't like his?? He has as much right to express his without your censure as you expect him to exhibit regarding others. To criticize his opinion under the premise that everyone has the right to express their own without extending the same right to him is hypocritical at best.

The personal attacks is the first part that is wrong with it. That has become one of the new things around here ("no personal attacks"), yet some keep doing it.

I think everyone on this board is a little childish to be quite honest. The negative nancies and the eternal optimists should have separate forums. Everyone's bitching and moaning gets old. Cyber is just the one that I always see telling people to go root for someone else, which is a BS retort anyway.

I'm a little tired of the predictions, but that's nothing compared to how I feel about those who are rooting for the Panthers to fail. I'm talking about those who are taking some sort of retarded "long view" that if we have a poor record we'll get rid of Fox and Jake and maybe start recovering sometime in 2015.

All of you assholes that do that, please go root for the Falcons, or anyone else. The Panthers don't need fans like you, don't want fans like you, and probably would never think to include you among their fans to begin with. You never root for your team to lose, that's despicable.

Well say!! I know many of you guys want Fox gone & all, but to root for them to lose more so he can get fired? Sorry, but I will never root for my team to lose despite wanting a coach gone. That is not the way a fan should root for. Beside, a coach can get fired if they have a good record too. Marty & Dungy anyone?!? Thing is, don't you dare want the Panthers to lose so JR can get rid of Fox. I rather the Panthers win & Fox get fired than them losing & Fox get fired. :rolleyes5:

At the beginning of the season I wanted Fox gone too. But with the way the team is turning around maybe that was just a knee-jerk reaction. If they win 5 or 6 of their next 7 games, then that would mean we just earned a winning record with one of the toughest schedules the team has ever had despite all the injuries we've sustained. Not to mention our first back to back winning seasons. So taking all that into consideration, maybe Fox does know what he's doing.

And as for hoping to lose so we can get a new coach. Thats just f**king stupid. Isn't the reason you want a new coach is because you want the team to win? What difference does it make who the coach is as long as the team is winning?

Next question then does 9-7 get a wildcard berth?
:confused:Well the way it is looing right now. no it will not. you got to many other teams with better records then us. Falcons are one of them. We would be lucky to make it to a wildcard spot with a 11-5 record. Going 9-5 10-6 does not mean crap anymore when it comes to playoff spots in the leagues. Unless that 11-5 helps you win the division. But outside of that. Trying to even make a wildcard spot with a good record of 10-5 no a days in the NFL is hard to do. Since teams are getting better and better every year. If we should make it in at 10-5 I would be surprised.:eek:

:confused:Well the way it is looing right now. no it will not. you got to many other teams with better records then us. Falcons are one of them. We would be lucky to make it to a wildcard spot with a 11-5 record. Going 9-5 10-6 does not mean crap anymore when it comes to playoff spots in the leagues. Unless that 11-5 helps you win the division. But outside of that. Trying to even make a wildcard spot with a good record of 10-5 no a days in the NFL is hard to do. Since teams are getting better and better every year. If we should make it in at 10-5 I would be surprised.:eek:

I would too considering we play 16 games.:rolleyes:

That's great that you pull for the team through thick and thin. I see no problem with that. I also see no problem with the person that wants to state their negative opinion. They have the same right the you have.

All I am saying is that you are not the Panthers authority on being a fan. Let everyone enjoy/bitch/praise/complain the Panhers however they want.

The personal attacks is the first part that is wrong with it. That has become one of the new things around here ("no personal attacks"), yet some keep doing it.

I think everyone on this board is a little childish to be quite honest. The negative nancies and the eternal optimists should have separate forums. Everyone's bitching and moaning gets old. Cyber is just the one that I always see telling people to go root for someone else, which is a BS retort anyway.

I would agree that the personal attacks are over the top. Still I have done the same after being constantly attacked and provoked by typically a few or the same poster. It is hard not to retaliate when you try and take the high road and get blasted for it. As for optimists and pessimists getting separate forums, why would we do that? It would be not interesting at all if everyone said the same thing al the time. It would look like Saints report where no dissenting opinion is permitted. Boring!!!

For me I am fine with differing opinions as long as the conversation is civil.

People should be able to disagree without things always turning ugly.

Cyber is just the one that I always see telling people to go root for someone else, which is a BS retort anyway.
I'm sorry if I offended your sensitivities. Maybe you should stop by a tailgate sometime and drink with everyone before a game. Then you'll probably get a little thicker skin...

With that out of the way, let me add this. If you're rooting for the team to lose, then you SHOULD go root for someone else. And I don't mind saying so, either on a message board or in person. It's how I honestly feel. The team doesn't need fans who root against them, and those that root FOR the team certainly don't either.

I'm a little tired of the predictions, but that's nothing compared to how I feel about those who are rooting for the Panthers to fail. I'm talking about those who are taking some sort of retarded "long view" that if we have a poor record we'll get rid of Fox and Jake and maybe start recovering sometime in 2015.

Didn't you know we are supposed to win every game and we need to fire any coach that doesn't do just that.

Just to refresh everyone. Dom Capers lost the team 2 yrs removed from the NFC Championship game. George Siefert alienate the team from the get go. Fox may not be Bill Cohwer or Bill Parcells but he has control of this team. The players respect him and fight for him.

All of you assholes that do that, please go root for the Falcons, or anyone else. The Panthers don't need fans like you, don't want fans like you, and probably would never think to include you among their fans to begin with. You never root for your team to lose, that's despicable.

I have been to Philadelphia and watched a game there. Viking vs Eagles 1990. Randle Cunningham was with Minnesota. You didn't dare walk into the Vet with a Viking shirt on and expect to live. (I was pulling for the Vikings too, but didn't say much) They loved their team, still do. They were Loyal, Dedicated and Passionate about the Eagles. You didn't dare talk poo about them. We love our Panthers but not like those guys do. Maybe in 10-15 years when the kids born in Panther garb start buying season tickets will we get that type of Rabid, loyal fans.

There are many that are but unfortunately for every Rabid Panther fan there are 10-15 fairweather fans.

Go Panthers

Archived