• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5-2 ?

VA BEACH PANTHER

Well if we win on Thursday, then that means we have gone 5-2 over the last 7 games, so I would say that the team is very capable of doing that. If Jake doesnt turn the ball over, and the defense plays solid, they are capable of winning any game they play.

The extremely disturbing thing is that the Panthers could very easily be 6-3 or 7-2 right now. They very easily could have beaten Atlanta the first time around and New Orleans. You could also say that, with a better QB performance/playcalling against Buffalo, the Panthers should have beaten Buffalo.

Would've, could've, should've.

The extremely disturbing thing is that the Panthers could very easily be 6-3 or 7-2 right now. They very easily could have beaten Atlanta the first time around and New Orleans. You could also say that, with a better QB performance/playcalling against Buffalo, the Panthers should have beaten Buffalo.

I know, right?

Starting out 0-3 and then losing games we should've won has really hurt us this year. We could be in pretty good shape right now.

Oh well.

Yes this team can do it. Maybe...

Jake got terrible last year over time and eventually turned in to garbage. This year he started as garbage and is getting better.

Last year the defense started out great and turned into garbage. This year it's the opposite.

Last year the running game started out as garbage and turned to dominate. The same trend is following this year.

I like the direction we're headed, even though the road is going to be tough.

If we play really well, we might reach mediocrity. Yaaaay!

We are going to play just good enough to screw up our draft, Keep John Fox and Keep Jake. Now that is something to cheer about. YIPPPEEEEEEEE

The alternative is for the team to not even compete the rest of the season, lay down and play dead.

1. Mediocrity is much better than dispicable.

2. Wouldn't we actually be screwing SF draft much more than ours.

I dislike a lot of what Hurney and Fox do and don't think Jake has much if anything left in the arm but I do see progress with the team and they seem to still be listening to Fox and seem to be taking steps to becoming better each game. Since the Buffalo debacle the Panthers seem to be much more competitive. While making the playoffs is improbable, there are still 7 games left and if a couple things go our way we have a chance of making the rest of the season interesting.

What do you think the chances are of finishing 5-2 or better?

It's do-able, but unlikely. Everyone is touting Jake's play as being good as of late, but I am skeptical that it is even average. Though he didn't throw any picks on Sunday, there should have been two. A capable secondary would have seen to it that they came away with the ball on the errant deep throw to Smith and the equally bad throw over Stewart.

We may have gotten a break with Ronnie Brown having to sit out this Thursday to beat Miami, but we will still have to find a passing game to do it. Our best shot so far is to get the TEs involved to overcome our shortcomings.

That being said, I believe that our toughest tests lie ahead with NE, Minnesota, and the Giants. The Saints will likely be resting their starters for the last game of the season. If we go the unlikely 2-1 during that stretch, then we have a decent shot at going 6-1 over the last 7 games.

I will be thrilled if we somehow manage to end up 9-7 for the season. Having lost tie-breakers to Philly and Dallas, if we expect to make it to he playoffs, we absolutely have to go 6-1 the remaining games if not win out. I see possibly 4 teams that are vying for the last wild card spot ending up 10-6. If we by some miracle end up in that bunch, then we can count on sitting out the playoffs, expecting the coaching staff to be even more entrenched to have Jake as the starter, and being content with weaknesses that will require off-season action to fix.

Being a fan, I want a miracle run and a Lombardi trophy. Being real, I don't want to get my hopes up to see our team's potential suicide plunged to the rocks below yet again.

The Buffalo game in particular is the one that hurts the most, a team we should never have lost to. You can throw in a couple missed FG's to contribute to that loss as well.

Archived