• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KJ Wright

Seltzer

Had the Seahawks/Chargers preseason game on and didn't realize KJ Wright was still unsigned.

With the Fitterer connection and our need for LBs, was curious what everyone thoughts were. 

Is this a Russell Okung type situation where Wright is holding out for money than teams are offering or is there something more to it?

Seems odd Wright is still unsigned bc to my knowledge he was solid last year even though he is getting older.

Would think the Panthers should have interest unless there is something I don't know.

We've been asking this for months. 

I'm sure we've kicked the tires. Not sure what KJ wright thinks he's worth or what he's asking, but I don't know if he can come in and contribute at a high level at this point in the offseason. He'd need to get into football shape and that takes some time. 

I dunno man. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

I’d imagine if he’s not been brought in, the reasons are there.  I guarantee it’s not because they forgot he exists.

True. Was just wondering if anyone knew what the reasons were. Only thing I read was maybe a money issue. 

This defense looks like it has top 10 potential and I would hate to see it derailed bc of LB, especially bc historically that unit has generally been the most settled for the Panthers defense and this year its the biggest question mark.

Just now, Seltzer said:

True. Was just wondering if anyone knew what the reasons were. Only thing I read was maybe a money issue. 

This defense looks like it has top 10 potential and I would hate to see it derailed bc of LB, especially bc historically that unit has generally been the most settled for the Panthers defense and this year its the biggest question mark.

Haven’t heard any reasons.  A lot of times vets play hardball until camp ends then lower that price.

Fret not, if anything derails this team, LB’er won’t be the culprit.

OL *cough* OL

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

I think our current staff just doesn't value the LB position as much as we think.

We run alot of 5 defensive back formations with only 2 LBS on the field.

One of thos backers will always be Reddick or Shaq. Then we have Carter in the middle. Also we have Chinn as a joker playing linebacker but lined up as a safety alot. 

We just don't need as many LBS as we do defensive backs.

Good point, especially the part about Chinn.  

Probably good news for guys like Myles Hartfield and Kenny Robinson trying to grab the last few roster spots.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2