• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Second Team to reach 100% Vax status....

kungfoodude

19 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

In truth, the NFL's plans and rules dealing with Covid are basically wishful thinking. Right now, everyone wants to make every effort to keep working that it's all going to be business as usual, full slate of games, fans in attendance, no make-up games.

If you look at the spread going on now, and realize that there are other variants lining up behind Delta and will emerge, then we're going to have to be prepared for a season like last year, even with the vaccinations. 

No one wants it, but conditions are that we're just trying to hold another shut down at bay for as long as we can. Come November, December, it's going to get bad. 

It seems every September it starts ramping up then by December its raging. Some states will be in full lock down by January. I doubt places like Florida will ever lock down again. Until the world is fully vaccinated we will always be fighting a new variation of covid. I wouldn't be surprised if 6 or 7 boosters will be needed to get through this.

• Poo 2

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

It seems every September it starts ramping up then by December its raging. Some states will be in full lock down by January. I doubt places like Florida will ever lock down again. Until the world is fully vaccinated we will always be fighting a new variation of covid. I wouldn't be surprised if 6 or 7 boosters will be needed to get through this.

Honestly, we're in 1919 a year past the big flu outbreak trying to learn how to deal with what is going to be a long run of the disease (really, every flu outbreak since then is just a variant). Except this is more deadly than the flu. Covid is going to be with us for a long time and we're going to have to wrestle with it mightily before we can get it contained, not controlled, like we have flu today. 

We're getting better at dealing with Covid every day, from therapies to vaccines to care initiatives and preventative measures, but we haven't hit exactly what will get us to a workable coping methodology yet. We're going to lose even more dearly loved people and we're going to have to make sacrifices but some day this will be no more than the flu is now.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, we're in 1919 a year past the big flu outbreak trying to learn how to deal with what is going to be a long run of the disease (really, every flu outbreak since then is just a variant). Except this is more deadly than the flu. Covid is going to be with us for a long time and we're going to have to wrestle with it mightily before we can get it contained, not controlled, like we have flu today. 

We're getting better at dealing with Covid every day, from therapies to vaccines to care initiatives and preventative measures, but we haven't hit exactly what will get us to a workable coping methodology yet. We're going to lose even more dearly loved people and we're going to have to make sacrifices but some day this will be no more than the flu is now.

Well its early. I mean once developing nations start getting vaccinated and the weirdo holdouts see it won't turn you into zombies we probably won't have to deal with it again like the Spanish flu. Influenza A,B,and C are harder to deal with than sars because they have multiple mutations and we just guess on the vaccines. Covid is pretty rare and thankfully that's a good thing. Unfortunately until we get 90% of the world vaxxed we will deal with booster shots.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Well its early. I mean once developing nations start getting vaccinated and the weirdo holdouts see it won't turn you into zombies we probably won't have to deal with it again like the Spanish flu. Influenza A,B,and C are harder to deal with than sars because they have multiple mutations and we just guess on the vaccines. Covid is pretty rare and thankfully that's a good thing. Unfortunately until we get 90% of the world vaxxed we will deal with booster shots.

Rare is getting more common every day.

But really, let's enjoy the football for as long as we can this season. I may well be wrong and we get crowds in the stands through the Super Bowl. I sure hope so. We need it.

• Pie 2