• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official New York Jets at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread!

Zod

15 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Apparently you two have no concept of the word "talent," which often dictates who gets the ball in important situations. You see, the goal of a football game is to win, which is achieved primarily through using a team's best players when the situations arise. 

"Winning" can be achieved by using multiple RBs, which I'd suggest in not giving CMC 30 touches every week, but resting a player on an important down because "the whole team duh" is a better option, is dumb as hell

Football is a team sport if you keep feeding it to McCaffrey the whole game you may lose the game teams will figure you out. We need more passing and play action mix it up. Your the one that is dumb as hell.

• Poo 1

36 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Apparently you two have no concept of the word "talent," which often dictates who gets the ball in important situations. You see, the goal of a football game is to win, which is achieved primarily through using a team's best players when the situations arise. 

"Winning" can be achieved by using multiple RBs, which I'd suggest in not giving CMC 30 touches every week, but resting a player on an important down because "the whole team duh" is a better option, is dumb as hell

The Carolina Panthers record the last two seasons speaks for itself. Stay mad dude.

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Ha you got me. Gotta take what you can get right? Sounds like Panthers fans the last few years with our moral victories and meaningless records. Here's to hoping '21 is different 🍺

Dude I don't want us to run McCaffrey in the ground anymore than anyone else, I'm just saying that when he's had a year of rest and no preseason action, Week 1 was the best time to give him 30 touches (especially with many of them not being between the tackles).

18 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Dude I don't want us to run McCaffrey in the ground anymore than anyone else, I'm just saying that when he's had a year of rest and no preseason action, Week 1 was the best time to give him 30 touches (especially with many of them not being between the tackles).

All bluster and back and forth aside I don't think you do we all seek the same thing. We know CMC is one of the top offensive weapons in the league but we also made the decision to extend him to a large contract before we got our oline even halfway built up right and we have made very little effort to locate a correct back to spell him and offer a yin to his yang and this is why we find ourselves in this dilemma. I do not think he is a goal line 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 back he just isn't built for it I don't know how many times we have to see that fail before we understand what works and it's the same maddening thing with a new staff and I say that while making it clear I like Matt Rhule and want him to succeed. As of rn we are far too predictable and struggling in the redzone and that is a carryover from the previous regime we really do not want to see. I fear we made a mistake in only rolling with Chuba behind CMC and thinking we were good but we shall see. We need a guy who can punch it in on those short yardage situations and if it isn't anyone on the roster they're willing to give a chance to like Royce they need to locate him or this season is going to get rough. That's about it.

Edited by frankw